How long should I wait Till I Buy a new hatch?

mikebowins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Sierra
Test drove a new civic hatch and absolutely loved it! This is the car I have set my sights on but the deal offered was awful. The car i want is a Base LX (Ontario Canada). the price was 22,800 at 3% finance for 60 months.

Not a penny off and Seemingly high financing, Hell the guy didn't want to throw in floor matts ! Obviously I declined and now i plan on shopping around but my question is that, Is this actually normal for Honda? I am not in a giant rush to buy ( i can wait a few months ) but it just doesn't feel right to pay financing on a brand new vehicle! Or is this just Honda's way of business?
Sponsored

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, they are pretty rare at the moment, supply is low, so prices would stay high, if you can wait, that is what I would do. I couldn't wait, so I went and got mine.

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Wait until spring, avoid one winter season on the nice car. You are not going to find 0 percent financing from Honda Canada, they often quote low lease rates but only for 2 years. Wait a few months and you should be able to strike a better deal on the price, there are lots of Honda dealers if one won't give you a discount. Don't pay full asking price just because the car is a new model and in demand, I got all weather mats included in my purchase with a discount, so shop around and don't rush into it.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's normal for any make and dealership. This is why you need to shop around unlike someone I know. LOL

Take my trade-in. I went from $1,500 to $3,200. I visited 7 different dealerships.

OP if you're in the GTA try Classic or Family Honda. Two that worked with me.

Farah487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
It's normal for any make and dealership. This is why you need to shop around unlike someone I know. LOL

Take my trade-in. I went from $1,500 to $3,200. I visited 7 different dealerships.

OP if you're in the GTA try Classic or Family Honda. Two that worked with me.
Got my Civic from Classic Honda! And if you do go there ask for Ahsan! He's the best! In fact most of the people who go to the dealership go straight to him because of his reputation.

mrbluray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav 4
I put in an order at Classic Honda in brampton for a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport. Paid 1% over invoice plus another $170ish for the weather protection package (mats + rear mat)

Marshsparrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatch, 2013 Honda Civic EX, 2007 Honda Civic
Country flag
Dealers are always willing to make a deal - you just need to shop around. There are some Ontario Honda dealers that seem to have reputation to not deal - drive an hour or two and you can find another that will!

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Dealer offered me $1000 trade-in for my BMW. They went up to $2250. I told them to suck it and sold it privately for $5000.

They're in the business to rip you off, don't let them.

OP
OP

mikebowins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Sierra
thanks for the advice, going to wait a couple months and see what deals are available in the spring..... one thing i was looking at is the number of complaints on the 10th gen civics in general compares to the last gen? It doesn't really worry me because little are mechanical but has hondas quality went down?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Honda doesn't do 0% financing EVER. Unless you are currently financing or leasing one and they'll drop 1% off your rate on 0.99 if you're on a 24 month loan. 2.99% for 60 months seems about right. Don't bother shopping it because auto loan rates from banks are at 5...

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
My boy Shamar at Family Honda is looking to move civics for anyone in the GTA! Legit guy who is passionate for Honda and 100% will treat you like gold.
Sponsored