HondaLink

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
I cannot get HondaLink to work. Any tricks to get it to function?
Sponsored

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I find that even if my bluetooth connects, I have to turn it (bluetooth) off and on real quick to get HondaLink to connect. Sadly, there's no way on the car or the app to "force" hondalink to try to connect.

God forbid you accidentally turn off HondaLink (by touching the notification in your pull down menu). If you do this, you should restart your phone as it likely won't reconnect otherwise until you do.

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
It has almost no function other than showing the current weather. Only thing it pops up on our 2016 pilot is a recall notice and a maintenance minder info. if nothing is wrong with your car then everything is blank on the screen tabs. It's not the same as previous gen where the phone is stuck on a Hondalink screen. Aha use to be inside Hondalink app but its been moved outside and Hondalink car app is just vehicle alert info.

Last edited:

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I believe Aha requires either HondaLink OR wifi (connected to a phone's hotspot) in order to work. Aha has to get the data somewhere, and I'm pretty sure it's one of those two sources. I don't want my car's wifi turned on - don't quite trust that. That's why I have to have HondaLink working for my car - without it, Aha can't establish a connection. I do use Aha for some slacker stations and podcasts (and for a few radio stations that aren't solid signal over the FM). Please let me know if this is incorrect.

Mr_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Modern Steel Metallic
I had to enable "Personal Hotspot" on my iPhone to make it connect the first time, then it will connect in the future without the hotspot - bluetooth only.

OP
OP
Ikabob

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
I cannot get HondaLink to work. Any tricks to get it to function?
Thanks for the replies. Seems, for some reason, HomeLink is now working. I like some of its features, too.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
As soon as I connected WiFi, I got the Oil change reminder message on the HU.
Sponsored