Hondalink Connectivity

ROCKOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda Civic Sedan
do you know when Hondalink Connectivity will be available for 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T?
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
It works in mine. You have to be connected to a WiFi source. I tether to my phone's hotspot.

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
I've yet to figure out what exactly it's for. Just aha radio?
I thought Aha works over Bluetooth (haven't used it yet though). I thought the wifi functionality was to let navigation system do online POI search, plus the browser and maybe app updates.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Aha is the dumbest thing I've ever used. I registered for an account on the Android app. The same login/pass results in error in the HU app. So I tried the "forgot password" link. Says email was sent, but I never got anything. So then I just typed in some garbage email/pass/name/etc and it works. But all it does is let you play a couple channels of music, NPR podcats, TED talks, and then you can listen to audio search results for nearby restaurants, gas, etc.

Whoever green-lighted that project should seriously be fired.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
do you know when Hondalink Connectivity will be available for 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T?
Supposedly it is available now. OM sayeth that it requires the Hondalink app on your phone and provides:
â–  Places*
Displays restaurants, gas stations, Honda dealer, and so on. You can also navigate to
the found locations via the navigation.
â–  Vehicle
Displays instruction messages when the vehicle needs service.
â–  Help & Support
Displays tips for vehicle usage, and get support via road side or customer service
center.
â–  Messages from Honda
Displays helpful and important information from Honda.
â–  Weather
Displays a weekly five-day weather forecast for any location you want. You can
change the ZIP Code at any time.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Has anyone gotten Aha or HondaLink to work in their car? I have the apps downloaded on my Android (Samsung Galaxy S5) phone and set up an account for both HondaLink and Aha, but when I try to connect on the car to use Aha (or HondaLink), I just get the "you must connect via HondaLink - see the app for more info" screen. I'm stuck at this screen with no apparent way to connect to my phone, which is perfectly paired via bluetooth. As far as I can tell, these simply don't work to do anything. Thoughts? Help?

EDIT: http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-touring-hondalink-not-working.1151/

I saw the above post and decided I'd try hooking to my phone's wifi tethering. I turned it on and went to the car to select "connect via WiFi" instead of the HondaLink and it connected to HondaLink before I could even make the switch! I turned off my tethering and it stayed connected. I don't know why, but similar to the above link (he fully connected to his iPhone's wifi), I seem to have had to turn on my phone's wifi to get HondaLink to connect. I'll post back if the connection fails again.

Last edited:

Whimsey12000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring MSM
Country flag
I had to unpaired my Samsung and repair it...now it all works great

Gt1948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Aha is the dumbest thing I've ever used. I registered for an account on the Android app. The same login/pass results in error in the HU app. So I tried the "forgot password" link. Says email was sent, but I never got anything. So then I just typed in some garbage email/pass/name/etc and it works. But all it does is let you play a couple channels of music, NPR podcats, TED talks, and then you can listen to audio search results for nearby restaurants, gas, etc.

Whoever green-lighted that project should seriously be fired.
Agree 100% and forced to payback all they earned.

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
The hondalink car dash app is useless. There hasn't been and change or updates in years. Honda advertise it as a easy way to get vehicle recall, dealership alert, and appointments at the convenience of your car dash. I have yet to find a way to make a appt from the car dash on any of my hondas. The dealership doesn't know either. If you have the app on your phone the only thing it's good for is for recall alerts. The Hondalink app on the car will show the same info. So it's useless.
Sponsored