Honda Si Wheels on a Non-Si Civic???

Xenomorph05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I just got my rims, so I'm anxious to put them on. Did you, by the way, just install regular valve stems?

Jeff
Yes, regular valve stems. My car does not have the TPMS light in the dash. Congrats on getting the rims, they are very nice. I had debated the 19" HFP or 20" Type-R rims but the roads in my area are brutal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Civictouring831
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Yes, regular valve stems. My car does not have the TPMS light in the dash. Congrats on getting the rims, they are very nice. I had debated the 19" HFP or 20" Type-R rims but the roads in my area are brutal.
I can't wait to put them on. By the way, do you have any pics....

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Si wheels on EX-T (direct fit) look good but taking a 5MPG hit, not sure why. I'll let it run a few hundred more miles before deciding to perform a TPMS re-calibration again (second time). Car feels more stable, handles better, and noticeably noisier on uneven roads. Keeping the original 17" wheels in the garage for now in case I change my mind about the setup:

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Si Wheels on a Non-Si Civic??? 1-IMG_0393-1

OP
OP
Civictouring831
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si wheels on EX-T (direct fit) look good but taking a 5MPG hit, not sure why. I'll let it run a few hundred more miles before deciding to perform a TPMS re-calibration again (second time). Car feels more stable, handles better, and noticeably noisier on uneven roads. Keeping the original 17" wheels in the garage for now in case I change my mind about the setup:

1-IMG_0393-1.jpg
Interesting that changing the rims gave you a "5mpg" hit. Did the light come on when you changed the wheels? And I noticed that you said "Second time", did he light up again after re-calibration?

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

1-IMG_0393-1.jpg

Maybe your subonsciously driving it harder with the SI wheels ? I would expect a lower rolling resistance with a lower profile tire. (?)

I think I like the touring wheels more than the SI wheels and I haven't seen many aftermarket wheels that look as good as either of them.

domicubarican

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
If I remember correctly...if you change tire/wheel size, you'll need to calibrate the tpms system parameters to the new size via HDS. Unless you are staying the same size and just getting different wheels, then just recalibrate tpms in vehicle.

OP
OP
Civictouring831
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I remember correctly...if you change tire/wheel size, you'll need to calibrate the tpms system parameters to the new size via HDS. Unless you are staying the same size and just getting different wheels, then just recalibrate tpms in vehicle.

What's HDS?

domicubarican

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Honda tool, sorry i should've specified lol. You'd have to take it to a dealer and have them calibrate the tpms parameters via HDS. It's the Honda diagnostic program techs use.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

1-IMG_0393-1.jpg
Huh, weird. I have the same Si rims on my Ex-T and have not noticed a change in my MPG.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have them on my ex-t, love it. Direct fit, stock ride height and specs. Only other thing I had to change was tires.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Si Wheels on a Non-Si Civic??? Clean

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Si Wheels on a Non-Si Civic??? Tinted

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Huh, weird. I have the same Si rims on my Ex-T and have not noticed a change in my MPG.
Heavy AC usage (to this date) at the same time of wheel swap. Maybe MPG will improve in fall/winter. I do have a heavier foot with these new wheels as the car feels more stable and "sporty." It's a small price to pay in my book. No complaints. :)
Sponsored