MoneyPitFK8

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just ordered both of these I was wondering will I have no issues installing them together
Sponsored

OP
OP
MoneyPitFK8

MoneyPitFK8

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
you wont be able to use the prl hotside but the cold side should be no problem.
So am I going to need to buy a hks cold side. I’m just confused about the whole set up as I’ve read that the hks IC paired with prl charge pipes is a very common combo but I can’t find much about the set up and parts needed

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
oh you only ordered the hks core.

most people have the hks ic plus their pipes already and upgrades it with prl pipes which replaces the whole cold side up to the throttle body.
if you dont have the hks pipes, i dont think you would be able to install just the core as their hot side outlet does not bolt up to the stock piping.

OP
OP
MoneyPitFK8

MoneyPitFK8

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
oh you only ordered the hks core.

most people have the hks ic plus their pipes already and upgrades it with prl pipes which replaces the whole cold side up to the throttle body.
if you dont have the hks pipes, i dont think you would be able to install just the core as their hot side outlet does not bolt up to the stock piping.
So am I really going to be getting that much better performance compared to going hks ic with hks piping or prl ic with prl piping

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
So am I really going to be getting that much better performance compared to going hks ic with hks piping or prl ic with prl piping
my personal opinion ... i dont think its like a noticeable boost to performance. I don't have any first hand experience with the set up though.

but i do think the prl charge pipes are better as it replaces all of the pieces up to the throttle body (which replaces the hose at the throttle body which tends to crack, though you can purchase a replacement just for that section if youwated) and utilizes a silicone pipe instead of aluminum on the pipe right after the cold side outlet which should reduce IATs.

HondaRedbullF1

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
my personal opinion ... i dont think its like a noticeable boost to performance. I don't have any first hand experience with the set up though.

but i do think the prl charge pipes are better as it replaces all of the pieces up to the throttle body (which replaces the hose at the throttle body which tends to crack, though you can purchase a replacement just for that section if youwated) and utilizes a silicone pipe instead of aluminum on the pipe right after the cold side outlet which should reduce IATs.
Are you running your C&R intercooler with PRL charge pipes? You said that there was not really a performance boost? Just curious cause I might go with C&R intercooler and thought I'd get the charge pipes too while I'm at it.

Last edited:

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Are you running your C&R intercooler with PRL charge pipes? You said that there was not really a performance boost? Just curious cause I might go with C&R intercooler and thought I'd get the charge pipes too while I'm at it.
I have both the C&R IC and PRL charge pipes. I have some more in depth info on my build thread. Essentially I did notice slightly lower IATs and it’s good preventative maintenance cause the OEM coupler tends to break.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i have the prl charge pipes with the C&R yes.
i had the PRL FMIC with the pipes before i switched to C&R and never had hks so i cant comment on that. PRL is bigger and has silicone pipes instead of aluminum so its going to have a lower IAT than the hks aluminum pipes.

its a good idea to change it anyways cause a lot of ppl tear the oem coupler by the throttle body and the silicone pipes are much more durable than the oem charge pipes.
Sponsored