Flabaliki

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hi guys, new here. I own a 2016 Honda Civic Ex and recently my headunit has gone out of commission. It’s stuck at the Honda logo and if you drive it for a bit it’ll eventually reboot to an all black screen than flashes red/green/blue three times depending on which button you touch. I’ve pulled the fuses and replace, unhooked the battery and nothing it’s been like this for about two weeks now. The dealership wants to charge me $250 just to look at it but i was wondering if i could possible buy the radio and screen off eBay from another Civic Ex and replace it or if i would run into any problems doing that ? Any help is greatly appreciated

Honda Civic 10th gen HeadUnit Swap? 85937453-083E-4A64-90B7-07F8AA3D244F
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
try using the button combo to go into factory menu

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Agree with @saiko21. The button combo is holding down the dimmer switch while pressing audio off and menu buttons at the same time. You need to hold it down for a while and it may ask if you want to reboot. If that does not work, try just pulling the fuse for the radio or the battery all together and plugging it back in to force it to reboot. And of course as a last option, take it to the dealer. That would probably still be cheaper than swapping the headunit to be honest.

mrillusion

First Name
cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ext 2016
Country flag
Hi guys, new here. I own a 2016 Honda Civic Ex and recently my headunit has gone out of commission. It’s stuck at the Honda logo and if you drive it for a bit it’ll eventually reboot to an all black screen than flashes red/green/blue three times depending on which button you touch. I’ve pulled the fuses and replace, unhooked the battery and nothing it’s been like this for about two weeks now. The dealership wants to charge me $250 just to look at it but i was wondering if i could possible buy the radio and screen off eBay from another Civic Ex and replace it or if i would run into any problems doing that ? Any help is greatly appreciated

85937453-083E-4A64-90B7-07F8AA3D244F.jpeg

What u end up doing to fix problem

himynameisaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl White Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Disconnect the battery and let the car sit for 30 to 45 minutes. It should reset.