Great OEM Trunk Storage Find from Honda Thailand!

vincelatz

Vince L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/Sensing Metallic Steel/Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was browsing eBay for some storage ideas for stuff in my Civic and I came across this - figured I'd share in case someone else was interested. It's an OEM Honda product, not originally designed for the Civic but it fits like a glove on the back of the 60-40 split seats. Velcro's right on and perfect to hold some documents, smaller jumper cables, etc.

Bought it from the same eBay seller many of the ASEAN accessories are coming from. Shipped from Thailand and took about 12 days to arrive, even though it said arriving beginning of June. Link and photo below!

Honda Civic 10th gen Great OEM Trunk Storage Find from Honda Thailand! 2016-civic-ex-t-19-

Honda Civic 10th gen Great OEM Trunk Storage Find from Honda Thailand! 2016-civic-ex-t-20-

Buying link right here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321956993888?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

BoringOhio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I was browsing eBay for some storage ideas for stuff in my Civic and I came across this - figured I'd share in case someone else was interested. It's an OEM Honda product, not originally designed for the Civic but it fits like a glove on the back of the 60-40 split seats. Velcro's right on and perfect to hold some documents, smaller jumper cables, etc.
Awesome find! I'm definitely ordering one. Oddly enough, we both live in the same small-ish Ohio city. I'd say we could be neighbors but I haven't seen any other '16 Civics that close to home :) If you see a black '16 Civic with tinted windows around town I'll probably be the goofball inside waving.

Kind of off topic, but where do you take your Civic to get serviced around here? I go to Classic Honda in Streetsboro and they've done... alright so far. Great Lakes Honda did a crappy repaint job on my old '07 Civic's bumper for a recall so I've been avoiding them.

OP
OP
vincelatz

vincelatz

Vince L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome find! I'm definitely ordering one. Oddly enough, we both live in the same small-ish Ohio city. I'd say we could be neighbors but I haven't seen any other '16 Civics that close to home :) If you see a black '16 Civic with tinted windows around town I'll probably be the goofball inside waving.

Kind of off topic, but where do you take your Civic to get serviced around here? I go to Classic Honda in Streetsboro and they've done... alright so far. Great Lakes Honda did a crappy repaint job on my old '07 Civic's bumper for a recall so I've been avoiding them.
Hey there neighbor! I'm in Stow right off of Rt. 8 at Steels Corner. There's actually a black Civic parked at my complex, but no tints so not you! I bought the car from Great Lakes but it's too new to have needed service. However, I originally had an EX and went through all kinds of issues with it. I dealt with Gavin the General Manager there to negotiate returning the vehicle and stepping into an EX-T and he was an absolute joy to work with. He even came to my office to chat instead of having me drive down once.

Other than an odd rattle which they took care of quickly I haven't had service done there yet so hard to tell. I do like the Service Manager at Great Lakes. However a buddy of mine is good friends with some of the folks in the Classic Service department. I've heard many good things from them. I'll have my regular maintenance done at Great Lakes, since I have a few free oil changes from buying the car still, but I'll keep a close eye on both those spots!

Keep in touch if you ever need to collaborate on anything CivicX related!

Rival

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Hey there neighbor! I'm in Stow right off of Rt. 8 at Steels Corner. There's actually a black Civic parked at my complex, but no tints so not you! I bought the car from Great Lakes but it's too new to have needed service. However, I originally had an EX and went through all kinds of issues with it. I dealt with Gavin the General Manager there to negotiate returning the vehicle and stepping into an EX-T and he was an absolute joy to work with. He even came to my office to chat instead of having me drive down once.

Other than an odd rattle which they took care of quickly I haven't had service done there yet so hard to tell. I do like the Service Manager at Great Lakes. However a buddy of mine is good friends with some of the folks in the Classic Service department. I've heard many good things from them. I'll have my regular maintenance done at Great Lakes, since I have a few free oil changes from buying the car still, but I'll keep a close eye on both those spots!

Keep in touch if you ever need to collaborate on anything CivicX related!
How'd you come by that cube storage contraption in your trunk? A particular product or a DIY? Been looking for something decent to hold things in place in the trunk.

OP
OP
vincelatz

vincelatz

Vince L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How'd you come by that cube storage contraption in your trunk? A particular product or a DIY? Been looking for something decent to hold things in place in the trunk.
It's by a company called ROLA that makes these and external cargo carriers of all kinds. Bought it on Amazon. It's not the cheapest but it's really sturdy and gets the job done. I bought the larger of the two and it just barely fits snug in the way back of the civic trunk with having the trunk liner. If there wasn't a trunk liner it would fit perfectly and wouldn't slide around.

My garage photos have a picture of it in the Civic Trunk

Large Rola Trunk Organizer:
http://www.amazon.com/Rola-59001-M-...63481933&sr=8-1&keywords=Rola+trunk+organizer

Smaller Rola Trunk Organizer:
http://www.amazon.com/Rola-59000-M-...63481933&sr=8-2&keywords=Rola+trunk+organizer
Sponsored