GPS in 2016 EX and LX

aka2z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civix ex-t
I have two specific questions:

1. Does the 2016 LX Coupe come with integrated real-time GPS build in? I am not referring to navigation options, I am referring to anti-theft, vehicle sending out location data to any external database, satellite, computer, entity, anything that is not stored internally.

2. Is it possible to remove/disable the GPS antennae in a 2016 Civic Coupe EX-T, while still being able to operate the audio system? Or - is it possible to replace the build-in audio/interface/Android system with a different one, which does not include GPS connectivity?

Before anyone wonders why I would want to do this, I will give a condensed explanation: my daughter has an ongoing legal problem with a tech-proficient stalker, who may or may not have the capacity to track her movements, and I am concerned for my child's physical safety. We purchased her the EX-T two weeks ago, and just now found out that her vehicle is constantly transmitting it's location. (the dealership assured us it would not do this).
Sponsored

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
You can check the diagnostic menu and see if there is an option to disable location.

Frost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic LX 2016
Your problem would lie more with the phone than the car.
The cell phone can transmit it's location.
Honda makes use of this.
HondaLink assist requires a paired cellphone.
no cell phone no Hondalink assist
The cell phone acts as the transmitter, Honda has no need to deploy it's own transmitter.
GPS is passive, receiver only.
Sponsored