amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Definitely agree there. For the value, Honda definitely provides good dynamics. That's why I got the Si in the first place.

However, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is one class above. Although the Type R is a fantastic car, the particular 340i I purchased does come with the track and handling package, so it comes with the adaptive suspension. The M Sport package also comes with the seats with adjustable side bolsters. Best seats I have ever sat in on a car (second is Recaro SRD). When in Sport mode, it actually handles very well and pulls like a freight train.

In the Type R, you cannot undo the fact that it's a purpose built track car. In my 340i, I can take my wife out and be in total comfort and blend in and turn on sport mode by myself and have some fun. I would say that's pretty good dynamics right there.
You are definitely correct there, my wife would never be comfortable in a Type R, in fact if I owned one I am sure she would never set foot in it just based on how it looks! You can make it a little more comfortable by switching out the 20" tires with 18", but it's still a track centrict car
Sponsored

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You are definitely correct there, my wife would never be comfortable in a Type R, in fact if I owned one I am sure she would never set foot in it just based on how it looks! You can make it a little more comfortable by switching out the 20" tires with 18", but it's still a track centrict car
Thank you sir! I'm sure it's the same with your Lexus. Sucks getting older because if I was in my 20's I would go for the type R in a heartbeat. At least we can in a way have the best of both worlds with a car that can be tame if needed and sporty if we wanted it too. I do miss rowing my own gears though.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you sir! I'm sure it's the same with your Lexus. Sucks getting older because if I was in my 20's I would go for the type R in a heartbeat. At least we can in a way have the best of both worlds with a car that can be tame if needed and sporty if we wanted it too. I do miss rowing my own gears though.
Just like your 340i, the IS350 plays both roles without missing a beat. It's comfortable and quiet when driving with the family, put your foot down on the throttle and it becomes a monster! Especially with the F-Sport add ons like Sway bars, rear chassis brace and F-Sport intake. Check out the link to my build in my signature when you get a chance!

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Fully understand what both of you are saying. My two E46 are undoubtedly more comfortable cars than the Civic - even for being almost 20yr old cars. I haven't measured sound levels yet, but I think the highway noise in the cabin of my E46 vert is less than the Civic's. It certainly feels that way, making it supreme for highway cruises.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all,

After almost 2 years of amazing driving experience with my beloved Si, I traded her in for a BMW 340i.

My contact at the dealership called me directly to tell me about it and I came in for a test drive after Christmas. He gave me a really great deal and trade in value for the Si that I couldn't say no.

It's a 2017 340i M Sport with the track and handling package with Saddle Brown leather interior. After I test drove it, I was blown away by the B58 engine paired with the ZF transmission. Best of all, the car only has 19k original miles!

I'll still be lurking around and helping when I can as I love this community. Good luck to everyone here and happy modding to you all!
IMG_20201231_151159.jpg
very pretty great choice!

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you. Coming from that beautiful blue on the Civic, I was lucky to to also get another beautiful blue color.
yup its a sweet color soooo whats your first mod lol

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
yup its a sweet color soooo whats your first mod lol
To be honest, this is the first car I don't feel the need to mod...if there's such a thing lol. If anything, get rid of the run flats and then maybe just the standard stuff...tint, lip and black grills. Speed wise, it's already pretty darn quick, so no tune....yet....

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just like your 340i, the IS350 plays both roles without missing a beat. It's comfortable and quiet when driving with the family, put your foot down on the throttle and it becomes a monster! Especially with the F-Sport add ons like Sway bars, rear chassis brace and F-Sport intake. Check out the link to my build in my signature when you get a chance!
Just checked out your Lexus build. Amazing work! I love the fact that to the naked eye, it looks pretty much stock but for sure certainly doesn't drive like one.

I wish the wife would allow for a budget for me, but I promised it will remain stock...I would kill for at least a nice sounding exhaust. Supposedly, resonator delete doesn't do much for sound.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be honest, this is the first car I don't feel the need to mod...if there's such a thing lol. If anything, get rid of the run flats and then maybe just the standard stuff...tint, lip and black grills. Speed wise, it's already pretty darn quick, so no tune....yet....
ya its prob got enough power on tap but some mods for looks and sounds are perfectly okay because the motor is still stock ?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just checked out your Lexus build. Amazing work! I love the fact that to the naked eye, it looks pretty much stock but for sure certainly doesn't drive like one.

I wish the wife would allow for a budget for me, but I promised it will remain stock...I would kill for at least a nice sounding exhaust. Supposedly, resonator delete doesn't do much for sound.
No, no, no leave the resonator alone! If you remove it, you will get drone, especially at highway speeds. That's the only purpose of the resonator, to negate the sound waves that cause droning. Even if you decide to get a performance exhaust, keep the resonator! Drone on the highway will become old very fast for you and your passengers.

I did my build over a year to not only spread the cost, but to lessen the nag from the wifey! I probably spent about $2500 altogether, but because it was over a year, I didn't feel it as much
Sponsored