David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any pics yet?
Still working with the dealership to see what they can do, but I'll definitely post some when and if they can make it happen. So it's not a done deal just yet. Fingers crossed... ?
Sponsored

jterrones07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly bro you can’t go wrong with either car. I own a 2017 si and a 2019 ctr and all I can say is both cars have their perks. Good luck on the deal, what color you looking at ?

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly bro you can’t go wrong with either car. I own a 2017 si and a 2019 ctr and all I can say is both cars have their perks. Good luck on the deal, what color you looking at ?
I'm a glutton for punishment so I'm looking to get a black one (my Si is black).

jterrones07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm a glutton for punishment so I'm looking to get a black one (my Si is black).
Nice I did the same thinking just the opposite of you. I got both my cars in white Lol I have owned my type r for over a year and 5 months and the si I just recently got about a week ago.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
One more thing...buy and install the Acuity shift kit. Not cheap but it changes the whole shifting experience and will make you want to just drive. Every manual Honda from the CTR and down should have one installed. Damn, makes me want to buy another car with a MT. I'm looking at replacing my daughter's 2006 Camry with either a used Corolla or Civic. I wonder if she's willing to learn to drive a manual. Hmm.......

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One more thing...buy and install the Acuity shift kit. Not cheap but it changes the whole shifting experience and will make you want to just drive. Every manual Honda from the CTR and down should have one installed. Damn, makes me want to buy another car with a MT. I'm looking at replacing my daughter's 2006 Camry with either a used Corolla or Civic. I wonder if she's willing to learn to drive a manual. Hmm.......
Yeah I know the kit you're talking about and I might do that later down the line.

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"willing to learn" my dad didn't give me a choice it was either learn to drive a manual or don't drive at all ?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
"willing to learn" my dad didn't give me a choice it was either learn to drive a manual or don't drive at all ?
Haha I learned to drive manual on my mom's 1979 VW Dasher. Growing up most of our cars were MT, my mom hated AT cars and said they made people lazy. Of course growing up in the 70's and learning to drive in the 80's mt's were very common. I guess if "accidentally" buy her car with a MT she will have to learn. The only downside is she is heading off to UC Irvine for school in the fall and SoCal traffic is epic

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha I learned to drive manual on my mom's 1979 VW Dasher. Growing up most of our cars were MT, my mom hated AT cars and said they made people lazy. Of course growing up in the 70's and learning to drive in the 80's mt's were very common. I guess if "accidentally" buy her car with a MT she will have to learn. The only downside is she is heading off to UC Irvine for school in the fall and SoCal traffic is epic
Yeah my whole family knows how to drive a manual. My dad always said everyone should learn to drive a manual just in case of an emergency situation which I agree with even if they are getting more and more rare these days. I'm 43 now and only owned 1 car that was an automatic which I regretted the entire time I had it. I know one day when I'm too old to row through the gears I'll have to give it up, but till then I'm a huge fan manual transmissions.

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
I want to actually grab a si at some point. Everyone around me thinks it is silly to want to get a manual, but I want to have some fun and grab one as a weekend car.

Anjuna

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan
Country flag
Don't get me wrong I still love my Si and if the deal does not work in my favor I will be keeping it. I have a feeling they will be more willing to work with me due to the current situation and how the market has tanked. So don't congratulate me just yet until the deal is done ?
It probably also helps that the CTR SE came out this year and sold out right away. Took a bit of the CTR market.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I want to actually grab a si at some point. Everyone around me thinks it is silly to want to get a manual, but I want to have some fun and grab one as a weekend car.
If you are picking one up as a weekend car, wait a couple of years and pick up a used one. Unfortunately used 10th gens (2017) right now are going for around $20K and new they are $22K. Maybe pickup a 9th gen, those are also fun manuals

Mak94

First Name
Kelvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Any update on the deal? I’m itching :D
Sponsored