glass screen protector for ctr info system

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Banned
FYI...I'm sure others may have done it but here's mine. My car is new with 3 miles from factory when picked, but info system screen had lots of scratches already from dealer "light prep" as I specifically asked for (just remove plastics for me and no polishing but a light touchless wash...I'll do the rest).

Plastic screen scratches so easily especially with dry fingers. Done with the glass screen protector with perfect fit and not a single bubble, no lint...no more scratches. I polished out the scratches first with Plexus plastic polisher but can’t get all of it. Best thing - the glass protector hides any scratches left. Touch sensitivity is like normal and is also anti-fingerprints
Honda Civic 10th gen glass screen protector for ctr info system 1f44d

Amazon Prime is your friend! Comes in 2-pack for $14.

Tip: For total lint free install, use compressed air can (which is what I do whenever installing my phone glass protectors). Spray air in spurts after cleaning with the alcohol swab. Use a piece of masking tape or Scotch tape and tap all over the screen to get any lint off. When laying glass on, slightly tilt bottom side up and align the top side first to ensure proper alignment with the top edge of the screen. Slowly lay glass down at an angle and use a finger or credit card to guide air back and forth or up and down until you get to the last side or corner..."walking/squeezing" air as you continue to lower the glass - while always keeping one edge or corner slightly off the screen and work toward that last edge or corner. Voila!

Honda Civic 10th gen glass screen protector for ctr info system IMG_8513.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen glass screen protector for ctr info system IMG_8514.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen glass screen protector for ctr info system IMG_8559.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen glass screen protector for ctr info system IMG_8560.JPG

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
got a link to this on amazon?

OP
OP
ctrmofo

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Banned

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
Purchased, hopefully, I can installed this without bubbles. I never have any luck doing it for my phones.

OP
OP
ctrmofo

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Banned
Purchased, hopefully, I can installed this without bubbles. I never have any luck doing it for my phones.
don't lay the whole glass down at once...follow technique i described and do from corner to opposite corner or edge to opposite edge and "walk" the air out as you move forward. laying it down all at once will leave bubbles.

OP
OP
ctrmofo

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Banned

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8 / Supra MKV / Tesla M3P / G80 M3C xDrive
Country flag
I have this on my car for about 3 months now. Initially the first month or two it sits flushed, after that it’ll start to bubble around the edges. I just end up replacing it with the 2nd set. With this being so cheap it’s just something I’ve come to realize I’m going to replace every 3-5 months.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Thanks, ordered. What works for me is a method I found on youtube where before you unwrap the protector, mock it up with some scotch tape on one side so it opens like a book away from the screen. When you're ready, remove the film on the cover and flip it back. I use this on my phone with nice results.

lazergyro

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Country flag
Thanks for the link, I sat looking at my info screen with scatches as the sun light hit the dash board this morning, wondering when and how, looked like sh@t. Good find.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Finally got this installed yesterday. Screwed up the first one, of course, but got the second in place with no bubbles. FWIW, I found it easier to line up the bottom of the protector with the screen first and work my way up. Thanks for the tip and the Amazon link.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
I got this one as well. I saw someone post it on facebook(maybe it's the OP? if so, thanks!) and so I got this one. There's another option, but the price is only for 1. So this one is pretty much buy 1 get 1 @ half price. There's some comments about it shattering during removal, but I don't plan on removing it any time soon. If you did screw up, just gently peel at a small angle until it lifts. I ended up installing mine perfect, no bubbles or even tiny dust or hair for that matter. Must've gotten lucky. I got pretty good at installing screen protectors. After all, i'm sure we all have at least 5 mobile devices per person these days..lol.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Friend bought me this from China they sells for $5 each over there .....