Getting a perturbed...

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
No dealer is getting 10 CTRs...

Maybe the sales person thought you meant Civic hatchbacks.

OP
OP
pdiizeru

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
No dealer is getting 10 CTRs...

Maybe the sales person thought you meant Civic hatchbacks.
He knew what I was talking about. It wasn't a quick conversation. He said Honda will be sending a "not for sale" showroom type R first, and that's when he will be taking deposits for the car.

I've read somewhere that the sales numbers mostly help factor the amount of limited edition type vehicles a dealership receives.

They are number 3 in the country. His words not mine

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
My dealership hasn't said anything above MSRP. My deposit shows price of vehicle at MSRP. Now that doesn't mean they couldn't back out of it... but currently I don't believe any dealer that says they will be getting "said number". I trust when a dealership says you will be offered number 1-2-3-4-5... etc of the Type R that comes into the building. They don't know the color or anything else just that they should eventually get a Type R to that dealership... at some point in the future lol

OP
OP
pdiizeru

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
My dealership hasn't said anything above MSRP. My deposit shows price of vehicle at MSRP. Now that doesn't mean they couldn't back out of it... but currently I don't believe any dealer that says they will be getting "said number". I trust when a dealership says you will be offered number 1-2-3-4-5... etc of the Type R that comes into the building. They don't know the color or anything else just that they should eventually get a Type R to that dealership... at some point in the future lol
In any case, what would be my best course of action? I live in Southern California where Honda is really popular already, and know I will be having a hard time trying to be first come first serve. I'm willing to put a deposit of up to 10k but I won't pay anything more than 2-4K above MSRP.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
He knew what I was talking about. It wasn't a quick conversation. He said Honda will be sending a "not for sale" showroom type R first, and that's when he will be taking deposits for the car.

I've read somewhere that the sales numbers mostly help factor the amount of limited edition type vehicles a dealership receives.

They are number 3 in the country. His words not mine
Seems strange if you want a vehicle and it's a high volume dealer they wouldn't take a deposit.

Especially since they said they are getting 10. My dealer said they are getting 2 and they took my deposit 6 months ago. I'm not sure what they are rated in terms of total sales volume.

I'm just assuming if we get 3-4.5k CTRs in USA the initial year. That means about 2-3 per Dealership Nationwide. Could be even less factoring that one plant in England is Building CTRs for every region of the globe. Someone said they just started production.

That means I don't know I'm terrible at math. But they are gonna have to build a hell of a lot CTRs to come anywhere close to one dealer getting 10. IMHO.

However, I do not work for or am anyway affiliated with Honda at all.

Just a future hopeful CTR owner.

GL

OP
OP
pdiizeru

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Seems strange if you want a vehicle and it's a high volume dealer they wouldn't take a deposit.

Especially since they said they are getting 10. My dealer said they are getting 2 and they took my deposit 6 months ago. I'm not sure what they are rated in terms of total sales volume.

I'm just assuming if we get 3-4.5k CTRs in USA the initial year. That means about 2-3 per Dealership Nationwide. Could be even less factoring that one plant in England is Building CTRs for every region of the globe. Someone said they just started production.

That means I don't know I'm terrible at math. But they are gonna have to build a hell of a lot CTRs to come anywhere close to one dealer getting 10. IMHO.

However, I do not work for or am anyway affiliated with Honda at all.

Just a future hopeful CTR owner.

GL
I'm hoping as well, been wanting one since I was a teenager. :cry:

OP
OP
pdiizeru

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Should I bite the bullet and just do a 7 year finance plan ??? :what:

OP
OP
pdiizeru

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Should I bite the bullet and just do a 7 year finance plan ??? :what:
Agreed. I don't have any debt as in school loans or credit card debts. And a really good amount in my savings. I just don't want a high monthly payment. The most I can put down while still having a safe amount in my savings, is 10k and I want my payments no more than 450-500

HondaMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord EX V6 2015 Honda Accord Coupe
If a dealer says, "We are getting X of them in" or "Thanks for the deposit, we ordered the white one for you.", they are lying to you.

I understand the frustration of the game of buying a limited production Honda like this. Every dealership is different. Some do deposits, some don't. Some are doing $10k over MSRP, some are going to add $5k+ in available accessories with no market adjustment.

We haven't decided on what we are doing because we are so far away from them dropping and we don't know the price yet.(Vague mid 30's). We are being patient.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Ok, just to clarify the matter: nobody from Honda has ever said "mid 30s" on the USD price of the new Type-R. What was said was "slightly over 30 thousand pounds". This has been twisted into "mid 30s" by people simply plugging in 30,XXX into a currency converter and coming up with a USD equivalent, then subsequently publishing an article about it. It really is not that simple :)

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
Country flag
Ok, just to clarify the matter: nobody from Honda has ever said "mid 30s" on the USD price of the new Type-R. What was said was "slightly over 30 thousand pounds". This has been twisted into "mid 30s" by people simply plugging in 30,XXX into a currency converter and coming up with a USD equivalent, then subsequently publishing an article about it. It really is not that simple :)
The US Honda press release said mid-$30k.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Fake news.

Sentance #2 of the press release:

The long-awaited Civic Type R, slated to go on sale in the U.S. in late spring with an MSRP in the mid-$30k range, is the first ever Type R-badged Honda to be sold on American soil.

http://hondanews.com/releases/the-w...ype-r-makes-global-debut-at-geneva-motor-show

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
My suggestion is to wait. If you don't have a dealer who can offer you a deposit and you also live in an area where market is going to happen no matter what. Wait.

I know it's hard... If you asked me to WAIT for buying the newest cell phone I'd probably physically attack you and I'm a peaceful person... The waiting game is hard but seriously if you don't HAVE to have this car this year. WAIT.

I'm in a weird situation where someone drove through my daily driver in January making it sort of important to have something other than a borrowed 2 seater for daily driving lol.
Sponsored