Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
I'll take a look today at the dipstick and check to see if it smells like gas. I haven't been driving the car hard and it isn't my daily driver. New oil is arriving tomorrow. So I'll probably change it before I drive the car again.
Yeah it happens no matter what. I don't move my car until the coolant temp is fully warmed up. Then another 5-10min before I go heavy into boost. Mine has a very faint smell of it. Oil lands today. Most likely I'll do it Friday evening.
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah it happens no matter what. I don't move my car until the coolant temp is fully warmed up. Then another 5-10min before I go heavy into boost. Mine has a very faint smell of it. Oil lands today. Most likely I'll do it Friday evening.
When it's cold it's better to get driving within 30 seconds of starting the engine instead of just sitting idle. It will definitely warm up faster. You just go easy on it until the oil is up to temperature.

My first oil change I waited until the maintenance minder was at 15% at around 6,500 miles. No problems whatsoever

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
When it's cold it's better to get driving within 30 seconds of starting the engine instead of just sitting idle. It will definitely warm up faster. You just go easy on it until the oil is up to temperature.

My first oil change I waited until the maintenance minder was at 15% at around 6,500 miles. No problems whatsoever
He lives in south florida. I cant imagine warm up takes too long lol

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
He lives in south florida. I cant imagine warm up takes too long lol
5min or so about 80% of the year. Now it's in the 50s so about 8min or so to get the light to even show on the dash. Then I leave and take the long way out of my neighborhood. It's fully warm as I exit usually.

I treat her like the high-end race car she is....

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's scary, I got my oil coming in today and maybe do the oil change tonight.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
That's scary, I got my oil coming in today and maybe do the oil change tonight.
Read my post in which the quote explains it all better than me. It should be just a few above. I'm waiting until 3750-4000 now but that is my absolute max.
Sponsored