Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hello everyone,
Would very much appreciate your advice.
Planning on an upgrade to my premium system, including new amps, 9 active speakers (3 way of front, coaxials in the back, sub). Trying to figure out the best way to get a good signal from the HU and other DSP functions like time alinement etc. Was thinking initially to go only with Helix DSP pro, but my question is if it can sum up the signal the way a Fix 82/86 can do or should I add a Fix to the Helix anyway? I see most builds posted here have gone with the Fix. Another good option seems to be the the Audison AP F8.9 which is an 8 channel amplifier + dsp and has a "de equalization" function that seems to be similar in concept to the fix, but I don't know if performs as well. Does anyone know how they compare?
BTW the helix has an option to add a USB or Bluetooth module so you can bypass the HU altogether and send the music straight to the Helix, but you will have to control the music from your phone, tablet etc.
Sponsored

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
The FiX isnt totally necessary. But, as far as tuning goes, it will give you a better, cleaner eq response to start off with.

I would say go with the Helix for sure. I havent used any Audison. But, ive been told theyre not very user friendly and very finicky. Helix is where its at.

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
The FiX isnt totally necessary. But, as far as tuning goes, it will give you a better, cleaner eq response to start off with.

I would say go with the Helix for sure. I havent used any Audison. But, ive been told theyre not very user friendly and very finicky. Helix is where its at.
So if I go with the Helix i don't need the Fix?

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Technically you dont. The Helix has high level inputs (speaker wires). However, since you have the Premium sound system in your car, maybe you can get the signal straight out of the stock amp? Not sure how that system works.

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Technically you dont. The Helix has high level inputs (speaker wires). However, since you have the Premium sound system in your car, maybe you can get the signal straight out of the stock amp? Not sure how that system works.
Thanks!

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
With the older premium amps it's possible to get the low level inputs and just route those to new amps. if the amp uses wires from the HU for the input then you can. It's a clean, flat, unprocessed signal since the amps do all the EQing and trickery.

IDK when exactly they switched to the new digital links but I know the 2018 and newer models have em and then the only signals you can get are post-amp. Then you don't have a choice but to run a DSP to uncluster the signals and mix them all back down.

Running a DSP is still a good idea.

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
From what i gather my only option on my model is getting the signal after the amp so a DSP is necessary. Still debating with myself if I should go with sperate amp and DSP or an amp that includes a DSP and save some coin. I understand Helix have excellent stand alone DSP's but heard from a friend of mine their 2 in 1's such as the Six P DSP are not that great, have weak output and the RMS is over rated. He actually went ahead and got one just to sell it shortly after. Does anyone here have a different exprience? Does anyone here have experience with Mosconi 2 in 1 such as the the Mosconi Gladen One 90.8DSP?
https://www.carfeature.de/en/hifi-n...ne-90.8dsp-8-channel-power-amplifier-with-dsp
Sponsored