FIX 86

Hsoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
In the 10th gen civic si, is it overkill to use a fix 86 and a dsp or is.it necessary to flatten the signal from the HU and then feed that into a dsp to create the curve?
Sponsored

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
If you are going aftermarket speakers and amplifier you will need a DSP for summing all the channels bit if you want just a flat signal with no bass roll off you can hondahack your headunit and install Viper4Android

OP
OP

Hsoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
Yea im going aftermarket speakers and sub so was wondering if I needed both the fix and a dsp

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yea im going aftermarket speakers and sub so was wondering if I needed both the fix and a dsp
Need is subjective here. It is up to you whether you feel it is needed or not. Can you run aftermarket speakers and an amp without it, yes. Could you potentially get better sound using the JL Fix, also yes. To add I used the Kicker Key amp which has it's own DSP and auto tuning feature. Worked out well and sounds really good. If you're considering a Fix 86 though it sounds like you're trying to build a higher end sound system