First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree that you should keep it cosmetic, or do mods that may not accidentally void the warranty. Also, if they said you'll have the car for a couple of years, it means they will eventually be driving it themselves so maybe you should definitely ensure they are ok with what mod you are doing.

Man, I wish my parents did this for me so I could avoid a car note and just have fun, lol!
Sponsored

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep it purely cosmetic for now since your parents might not be happy if the car, which they bought for you, acted up and warranty couldn't cover it due to tuning. Cosmetic mods can make your car looking better while still keep it enjoyable for a long run or as long as the warranty covers it. You can check out my Amazon store below if you needed anything cosmetic.

Honda Civic 10th gen First Mod?? PSX_20200817_164011-01

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep it purely cosmetic for now since your parents might not be happy if the car, which they bought for you, acted up and warranty couldn't cover it due to tuning. Cosmetic mods can make your car looking better while still keep it enjoyable for a long run or as long as the warranty covers it. You can check out my Amazon store below if you needed anything cosmetic.

PSX_20200817_164011-01.jpeg
Yoooo this thing is so nice wtf ?

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
Might not be what you wanna hear, but keep it stock. Maybe grab some tint, car is great as it is.

OP
OP
colestrahle33

colestrahle33

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
as awesome as the tunes make these cars I wouldn't bother right now. do your bolt ons and cosmetic upgrades until you reach a point where the car is out of warranty/you actually buy it or take it over from your parents. quick question, is it a CVT or MT?
CVT

OP
OP
colestrahle33

colestrahle33

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

PSX_20200817_164011-01.jpeg
thanks for the advise, great looking car too man

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan ā€¢ 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Just curious about all the warranty posts? The car is a 2017, so it may be out of the warranty period already based on time, alone. Unless the ā€˜17s didnā€™t hit dealers until ā€˜18. Or was the warranty period longer than now?

OP
OP
colestrahle33

colestrahle33

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Just curious about all the warranty posts? The car is a 2017, so it may be out of the warranty period already based on time, alone. Unless the ā€˜17s didnā€™t hit dealers until ā€˜18. Or was the warranty period longer than now?
yea it's paid off already and don't think there is much left on the warranty but my parents will most likely be using ti again in a few years, which was a valid point someone made and why I might not end up going with a tune.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan ā€¢ 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
yea it's paid off already and don't think there is much left on the warranty but my parents will most likely be using ti again in a few years, which was a valid point someone made and why I might not end up going with a tune.
If theyā€™re going to be using it again, it would be wiser to stick to cosmetic modifications. While mine is still under warranty coverage, thatā€™s the route Iā€™m going.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag