First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My order for the Type R armrests was cancelled at first too. I ordered through another vendor. Got the same response about the backorder, but they asked if I wanted to wait it out before cancelling. Opted to wait and got the pieces after a couple months.
Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap 20201021_152602

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap Screenshot_20201021-152346_Chrome

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap 20201021_152519

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try https://www.oempartsource.com/. I used them, and had to be patient, but I do recommend them. Call when you get tired of waiting.
I can't imagine that our few orders are causing them issues, right?
Yeah, I'm going to give them a try, but I think first, I'll try calling around to see if anyone actually has them in stock. It's gonna be a lot of work, but totally worth it. Thanks @kimtyson

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I'm going to give them a try, but I think first, I'll try calling around to see if anyone actually has them in stock. It's gonna be a lot of work, but totally worth it. Thanks @kimtyson
Also, if you have any junk yards nearby. It's a long shot but there might be a type R or a civic with leather interior to pull the parts from.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Try https://www.oempartsource.com/. I used them, and had to be patient, but I do recommend them. Call when you get tired of waiting.
I can't imagine that our few orders are causing them issues, right?
+1 for OEM Part Source. That's who I ultimately went through for the Type R armrests. Nobody will have em in stock and all these vendors go through Honda to order to the parts.

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, if you have any junk yards nearby. It's a long shot but there might be a type R or a civic with leather interior to pull the parts from.
Yeah, I have a couple salvage websites to check as well. Got a right side mirror assembly without the blind spot monitoring camera recently.. that is color matched and grade A condition!!! Super stoked about that. I will search the interwebs high and low for parts.. I'm hardcore like that lol

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just ordered from oempartsource.. fingers crossed.. being lazy because I'm getting ready for work.. good thing I work nights and will have plenty of time to search later lol..

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap 20201021_161650

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, shit.. got a reply from oempartsource.. they didn't cancel my order. They now have a note to seller option at checkout. I put in there that even if it was on backorder that I was willing to wait and not to cancel my order. They actually obliged.. here's the email..

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap Screenshot_20201022-154748_Chrome

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I've had good experiences with https://www.hondapartshq.com/. They're a Honda dealership out in Utah. Both times I use them, they were very accurate in their shipping estimates and out right straight up people. And they're very responsive to email inquiries always respond within the next business morning. Just shoot them a message in the Help page.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I have completed my project, and post pictures here. To dye the thread, I wound up using two Marvy Uchida fabric markers. First coat was scarlet (darker red), second coat was red (a lighter shade). I got the markers from the uchida.com web site, the two together cost less than $9 shipped. If you do a super close up you can see a tiny bit of discoloration on the center armrest, which surprised me, because that didn't seem to happen on the side armrests, which I did first. It happened when I put on the second (red) coat, despite my constantly wiping it off with a paper towel as I was applying the marker. Still, I'm happy with the result! Thanks again to the early posters on this thread!

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap Console 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap Console 2

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
really?! are you guys really that stupid given everything we know about this covid-19 virus thus far?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
FYI on the center armrest part numbers for those looking for the torque hinge.

83443-TBA-A01ZA - Si cloth
83441-TBA-A01ZA - Touring black leather
83441-TXM-A01ZA - black leather mentioned in this thread - not sure what trim it's for originally

The first 2 with TBA in the middle are both around $135ish from most places. The third with TXM in the middle is much cheaper.

From what @AegeanCivicSi said about the Si hinge, that sounds like the torque hinge. Based on that and similar price of the Touring part, my guess is TBA = torque hinge, TXM = basic slammy-downy hinge.

So if you have an Si with the torque hinge but cloth, keep your existing hinge but swap in the leather cover from the TXM part number.

If you have another trim and want to add the torque hinge then the Touring part number gets you the torque hinge.
I had a chance to look physically at Civic Touring (with 83441-TBA-A01ZA) and Insights (83441-TXM-A01ZA) with the "leather" pads. They're both exactly the same shape, stitching and they're both fake leather. As far as I can tell, they're basically the same thing and it doesn't seem to make sense to buy the 83441-TBA-A01ZA since they're more expensive.

Get the ones with the TXM in the middle and save that bit of $$$ for the same thing with the same materials

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I had a chance to look physically at Civic Touring (with 83441-TBA-A01ZA) and Insights (83441-TXM-A01ZA) with the "leather" pads. They're both exactly the same shape, stitching and they're both fake leather. As far as I can tell, they're basically the same thing and it doesn't seem to make sense to buy the 83441-TBA-A01ZA since they're more expensive.

Get the ones with the TXM in the middle and save that bit of $$$ for the same thing with the same materials
I wonder if there's a case for a class lawsuit for price discrimination.
Sponsored