Estimated cost to wrap the roof black including vortex generators ,fins, etc.?

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Honestly.....I'd say expect 5 years out of it, assuming average miles and car care. My brother takes really good care of his car, doesn't drive it much (maybe 4K miles a year), and is going to replace his roof wrap now at around the 5 year mark as it doesn't look perfect anymore. He does have a lower threshold for imperfections though, as his car's paint is damn near perfect and the whole car is always properly sealed/waxed.

Mine on my GTI was ok through 4 years but would guess another 2 years max before it would have looked worn (only 3K miles per year). These both had 3M 1080, garaged year round, and were generally well cared for detailing wise. I would recommend it only if you can get it done relatively cheap but I generally find caring for the vinyl to be kind of a pain, especially black. Does look nice when its clean and glossy though.
Sponsored

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
if your car is constantly out in the the hot sun, 1-2 year life span.

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
Do you guys know how to take out the vortex generators?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Do you guys know how to take out the vortex generators?
The bigger fins are held in with one screw and a pop in plastic clip. The smaller ones I believe are just a plastic clip.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
What’s the measurements for a hatch and then for the vortex fins?
Would 5ftx6ft be enough to cover?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
What’s the measurements for a hatch and then for the vortex fins?
Would 5ftx6ft be enough to cover?
A professional that's done it before probably could, I'd go with 5x7 or more personally. or 5x20, incase you screw up the roof once or thrice.

fk8amiloR

First Name
Camilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White 2021 FK8
Country flag
I’ve been looking everywhere for a certified Stek Installer to quote me for this type of roof wrap but it has been incredibly difficult. Seems like every local installer near me only works with Xpel. Do you have any more pictures??? Because damnnnn ???
IMG_20201023_145631 (2).jpg

Just had mine wrapped a few weeks ago at a shop that does a lot of PPF. They used an STEK PPF that has matte carbon fiber pattern (sorry you can't tell in this picture). Couldn't get the film to play nice with all of the roof so the shark fin, vortex generators and 2 winglets are actually painted satin black with some semi-permanent product. Was $850 for all it.

ap2danyo

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Yeah man sorry forgot to get back to you -- here are a couple more pictures I took the other day closer up so you can see the pattern in the film. If you step back about 7-10yards, it looks like a matte black roof.

Honda Civic 10th gen Estimated cost to wrap the roof black including vortex generators ,fins, etc.? stek1
Honda Civic 10th gen Estimated cost to wrap the roof black including vortex generators ,fins, etc.? stek2
Honda Civic 10th gen Estimated cost to wrap the roof black including vortex generators ,fins, etc.? stek3

I’ve been looking everywhere for a certified Stek Installer to quote me for this type of roof wrap but it has been incredibly difficult. Seems like every local installer near me only works with Xpel. Do you have any more pictures??? Because damnnnn ???
edit ---
also here's one more really cool picture of the roof that I just wanted to share :) -- pretty crazy water beading properties:

Honda Civic 10th gen Estimated cost to wrap the roof black including vortex generators ,fins, etc.? stek4

Last edited:

spdmn75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
use metrorestyling or Fellers, much better prices

bring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 CW
Country flag
Gloss black matches the trim better - the trickiest pieces are the two triangles on the end - vinyl wrap much cheaper than Xpel

gt_fk8

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Personally after I wrapped my roof black I would have to say if you want it black, to get it painted. Vinyl looks great for a while then loses its gloss and shine. I have since removed the wrap after 2.5 years as I prefer the shine/gloss of paint (Champ White) and if I were to black out my roof I would just paint it.

spdmn75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Could always do a carbon fiber instead of black. Materials will be under $200

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Not the best pic i did gloss black myself but will probably paint it since i dont like it red

Honda Civic 10th gen Estimated cost to wrap the roof black including vortex generators ,fins, etc.? 84851741-DA8D-413F-81BE-820BA67B8A57
Sponsored