[Engine Splash Guard Cover, Bottom] How to remove this bolt?

brotard

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
There are 4 bolts in the back of this cover, 2 are 10mm and the other 2 are 11mm. The 10 mm bolts came out no problem but these 11mm bolts are just freely spinning. I'm not sure how the heck there would be a nut on top of them but that's what I'm assuming.

I've jammed a pry bar between the bolt and the chassis (under the circular part of the bolt) to add some pressure. I think it helped a little bit but after about 8 minutes of that I figured I must be missing something.

Honda Civic 10th gen [Engine Splash Guard Cover, Bottom] How to remove this bolt? InkedIMG_2920

Honda Civic 10th gen [Engine Splash Guard Cover, Bottom] How to remove this bolt? InkedIMG_2921

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Try an impact gun

OP
OP

brotard

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Try an impact gun
I tried and it didnā€™t help šŸ˜¢

Its like theyre not threaded into the car, but that there is a nut on the other endā€¦ super weird. I ended up just sawing the plastic around it so i could get the cover off. Iā€™ll have Honda take a look at it

kastel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic CVT 2.0L LX
Country flag
Got the same issue with that bolt right now. Did anyone ever get it out or find if there's something holding it in?

OP
OP

brotard

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Got the same issue with that bolt right now. Did anyone ever get it out or find if there's something holding it in?
No, sorry man.

I took my car into Honda for another issue and asked them to take those bolts off and they didnā€™t :/
Sponsored