danegrey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type-R / 2012 370z
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone else has had this occur. On my last track day, had completed about 58 laps no problems, then in the last session I got the 'Emission and rev match system failure'. Car went into limit mode limped it back to the pit. Had an OBDII had a P0087 code. The low fuel light was not showing. It did earlier in the day and did not have a problem. Maybe a third of tank of gas.

After about 30 minutes of wondering, I reset the code, turned off rev matched and decided to see how far I could drive. Well it seemed to be ok. Went filled it up with gas. (Note: I did get 93 gas at the track, and heard later in the day, they were out of 93 hmmm) Drove from Mid-Ohio to Morganton WV to Knoxville TN and no problems.

I have turned on rev-limit again and not having a problems.

Just wondering, thinking it may have been the gas.

Thanks for the time
Sponsored

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I have turned on rev-limit again and not having a problems.

Just wondering, thinking it may have been the gas.

Thanks for the time
These cars are very sensitive and will shut down everything if any little thing is off.

I have a race ported head which can stumble at startup on e50 in cold weather - when it stumbles I get a Christmas tree with all the warnings - turn the car off once warmed up and magically everything is right in the world.

It could have been anything really - bad gas is certainly possible if the ecu had to pull alot of power or sees knock.

Run an obd scan to see if there are any long term fault codes but more than likely it was just the car having a false panic attack lol. The last time I had consistent Xmas lights the arm on my p600 wastegate was loose so boost control wasn't exact - if I hit any boost = Xmas tree.

So while a little annoying, consistent Xmas tree is probably an issue of some sort. Just a random one....probably less to worry about but always check underhood for anything that could be even slightly off....coolant level, actuator arm tension, oil level etc.

Cheers

OP
OP

danegrey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type-R / 2012 370z
Country flag
Well thanks for that information, yea, there are no codes anymore. Nice to know that this car can get upset at the littlest of a hiccup.

msfsx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Aegean Blue Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
FlyinGato has a video somewhere where this happens to him and he basically explained that because the Type R shares the fuel tank with the hatch, it isn't baffled and when the fuel level is low, it can all go to one side of the tank and uncover the pickup under hard cornering, resulting in low fuel pressure. The solution is just to keep the tank topped up.

OP
OP

danegrey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type-R / 2012 370z
Country flag
Thanks for that too, understand that, my 370Z was like that, till I had it fixed. Will put that on the Tracking list.

FLIvan

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 type R. jza80 supra
Country flag
new here. joined for this issue and My oil temp was also not displaying at all..
just did an oil change at 1k miles.
car sat for a week while i was in colorado. When i started it up i let her warm up before taking off and all the warning lights popped on as soon as i hit 30 mph..
Sponsored