.Grimace build thread/ lap time & modification tracking

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR, MDX-S, FG4-T
Country flag
Still hoping my hood arrives just before the event but I'm not hopeful.

I got the Greddy oil cooler, 27won intercooler, PRL intercooler piping and custom secondary radiator installed this weekend. Wow did that take way longer than expected ughhhh

Just some road numbers I use to see about 177 coolant temps and 186 oil temps after 1-2 miles of driving. (same route I take my kid to his grandparents twice a week).

Today I saw temps stabilize at 168 coolant and 176 oil. It also took them considerably longer to get there too. They got to about 150-160 and then slowwwwwwwly climbed to those levels. Instead of 1-2 miles to reach a stable number it took me 5-6 miles. So that's pretty rad to see.

We'll see how it all works on 3/25 at Buttonwillow and 3/26 at Thunderhill coming up!

92C8FCCA-A0AB-42D1-9CD3-9D5E1F9318D3.jpeg
Great work! The only thing I don’t like is how it is asymmetrical with the number cover on (passenger end take is visible).

It looks like there is room to center it, but I can’t be sure. Do you see that as an option?

Danzibar

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hi folks new here!

Absolutely love this thread as my stock car was overheating at 25 degrees (77F) ambient after 3 hot laps. Have the facelift grill + PWR radiator which are obviously still not good enough.

Managed to find the corresponding water-air radiator in the UK for anyone interested: https://www.chargecooler.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=385

So now I'm excited to try the additional radiator and while the bumper is off an oil cooler will be going on.

Couple of things before I start buying
  1. Any updates or improvements on the installation method? Anything you'd do differently that I could try and possibly feedback?
  2. I'm going to grab an Airtec oil cooler for the (US drivers side, our passenger) which looks very similar to the ones pictured above. Do these affect brake temps at all or do you recommend spending more on the Greddy / Hell pieces which have more ducting?
  3. Worth obtaining an uprated intercooler "while I'm there" or not worth unless I'm looking to tune?
Thanks!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Hi folks new here!

Absolutely love this thread as my stock car was overheating at 25 degrees (77F) ambient after 3 hot laps. Have the facelift grill + PWR radiator which are obviously still not good enough.

Managed to find the corresponding water-air radiator in the UK for anyone interested: https://www.chargecooler.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=385

So now I'm excited to try the additional radiator and while the bumper is off an oil cooler will be going on.

Couple of things before I start buying
  1. Any updates or improvements on the installation method? Anything you'd do differently that I could try and possibly feedback?
  2. I'm going to grab an Airtec oil cooler for the (US drivers side, our passenger) which looks very similar to the ones pictured above. Do these affect brake temps at all or do you recommend spending more on the Greddy / Hell pieces which have more ducting?
  3. Worth obtaining an uprated intercooler "while I'm there" or not worth unless I'm looking to tune?
Thanks!
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/alphadigitals-fk8-secondary-radiator-install.83468/

I share some of my thoughts in my thread documenting the installation of the secondary radiator. For the most part, I feel like its fairly straight forward. The only thing I wish I wouldve considered is maybe using either 2 90 degree/45 degree fittings to minimize the amount of hose clamps needed for the setup as well as using thread sealant vs. tape.

Since your bumper is off, it wouldnt hurt to put an intercooler in but its not 100% necessary.

Danzibar

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/alphadigitals-fk8-secondary-radiator-install.83468/

I share some of my thoughts in my thread documenting the installation of the secondary radiator. For the most part, I feel like its fairly straight forward. The only thing I wish I wouldve considered is maybe using either 2 90 degree/45 degree fittings to minimize the amount of hose clamps needed for the setup as well as using thread sealant vs. tape.

Since your bumper is off, it wouldnt hurt to put an intercooler in but its not 100% necessary.
Thanks for replying. I feel like a complete muppet as I was browsing your thread thinking "wait, I've asked this question in totally the wrong place". I'll have a play around with the fittings myself and see what I can get working with your suggested changes.

Awesome thanks again! If I find a used intercooler I'll throw it on, otherwise that will be a next year job.
Sponsored