electrical issues with my HB.

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
Yesterday the car wouldn't start. it would try to turn the engine on but I noticed I had power to radio and such for a bit and then it wouldn't turn on at all.

Today I tried to turn the car on and then I got 2 messages regarding electrical brake failed and my breaking system failed. I assume its why my car wont start?

needless to say I am 100% confident I have a lemon EX-L hatchback.
Sponsored

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I would try unplugging the battery for a bit, then plug it back in. Try to start after that. Or you may need a jump.

If that doesn't work, get it towed, and have the dealer take care of it.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear about your issue, and I hope a remedy is found quickly.

The day after I purchased my '16 EX-T sedan, it experienced electrical issues (wipers, infotainment center) and later wouldn't start. It was towed to the Honda dealer where I purchased it and remained in service for three days. First, the battery and starter were replaced. It finally started, but electrical issues remained. After the service department contacted Honda to troubleshoot the issue, it was found that the a ground wire was not bolted at assembly. Below is a photo of the unbolted groundwire found by the technician.

Honda Civic 10th gen electrical issues with my HB. IMG_2117.JPG

Last edited:

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Yesterday the car wouldn't start. it would try to turn the engine on but I noticed I had power to radio and such for a bit and then it wouldn't turn on at all.

Today I tried to turn the car on and then I got 2 messages regarding electrical brake failed and my breaking system failed. I assume its why my car wont start?

needless to say I am 100% confident I have a lemon EX-L hatchback.
Try a jumpstart.. How much do you drive it daily? Any long trips?..
Just because the accessories are getting power does not mean that the battery has enough of a charge.. Who knows how long it sat at the dealer.. There have been other members reporting the same a few months ago and it was just that.. The battery juat need some juice and a long drive to charge.. Both cases that i could recall the cars were only driven 5-10 miles daily..

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Just because the accessories are getting power does not mean that the battery has enough of a charge.. Who knows how long it sat at the dealer.. There have been other members reporting the same a few months ago and it was just that.. The battery juat need some juice and a long drive to charge.. Both cases that i could recall the cars were only driven 5-10 miles daily..
Oh and the fact that u had radio for a bit and then completely dead.. Leads me to believe 100% ur battery just needs to get some juice

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear about your issue, and I hope a remedy is found quickly.

The day after I purchased my '16 EX-T sedan, it experienced electrical issues (wipers, infotainment center) and later wouldn't start. It was towed to Honda dealer where I purchased it the day and remained in service for three days. First, the battery and starter were replaced. It finally started, but electrical issues remained. After the service department contacted Honda to troubleshoot the issue, it was found that the a ground wire was not bolted at assembly. Below is a photo of the unbolted groundwire found by the technician.

IMG_2117.JPG
This is crazy.. It was problably bolted but never tightened down

OP
OP

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
see i thought that too or my start died. tow came and connected a jumper. powered up the car and took it to honda to get battery test. Drove it fine all saturday then sunday it just failed so its not my battery.

keep in mind ive had one time where when i tried to turn on ,y car, it asked for the key to be near it...it was on my right hand as i tried to turn the car on. Then my rear wipers turning on its own when i only had the front wipers on.

im pretty sure my EX-L HB was built either after a holiday in the UK or someones last day lol

OP
OP

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
Still waiting on the update on my car. They also claim i left my lights on and killed the battery. Nope. Not the issue and i know since i havent heard his callback today.

OP
OP

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
Update: apparently they found i wasn't a liar and i showed them the video of when my emgine tries to turn and it sounds a click click click and the lights on tje sode of tje speedometer blink ajd my led alsp blink. I recorded the video after it showed electrical brake failure.

They
are calling honda of america. Might be an issue with the starter or something. Folks with exl navi please tell me of you ever had aj issie trying to turn the engine on.

Im still waiting on a fn loaner car and I'm being nice. Id be willing to trade the car for another exl or sport touring

eneg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w NAV
Country flag
Update: apparently they found i wasn't a liar and i showed them the video of when my emgine tries to turn and it sounds a click click click and the lights on tje sode of tje speedometer blink ajd my led alsp blink. I recorded the video after it showed electrical brake failure.

They
are calling honda of america. Might be an issue with the starter or something. Folks with exl navi please tell me of you ever had aj issie trying to turn the engine on.

Im still waiting on a fn loaner car and I'm being nice. Id be willing to trade the car for another exl or sport touring
I have the same exact car and don't have any problems (yet!)
The brake error is probably a false error. I would bet it's the battery, or possibly something in your car that is draining the battery. The car started when it was jumped, right?
It's the battery.

Good luck and let us know what the fix is. . .

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what a coincidence...I just posted this to another thread:

just rolled over 36k had to call Honda roadside to jump start the battery. alternator is still charging it, though... weird. Also my accessory socket just stopped working and it's not the fuse, already checked, going to have dealer check it out soon. about time to replace the tires which is about expected. overall everything is good except those two little quirks

OP
OP

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
I have the same exact car and don't have any problems (yet!)
The brake error is probably a false error. I would bet it's the battery, or possibly something in your car that is draining the battery. The car started when it was jumped, right?
It's the battery.

Good luck and let us know what the fix is. . .
Not battery as ive had it tested. 458 amd 447 cca.
I wish i could upload the video here to show you all. Video is after the electrial brake failure and brake system failure warning i had amd before i literally had to lock the door manually. Even then i couldnt.

For the record ive owned mine for a few days over 4 months and 4700 miles.

kcdh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Honda Accord, '16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Not battery as ive had it tested. 458 amd 447 cca.
I wish i could upload the video here to show you all. Video is after the electrial brake failure and brake system failure warning i had amd before i literally had to lock the door manually. Even then i couldnt.

For the record ive owned mine for a few days over 4 months and 4700 miles.
Did they ever determine the issue? I’ve had exact thing happen two days in a row. Purchased my ‘16 Touring model new and now have 51k miles on it.

OP
OP

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
Did they ever determine the issue? I’ve had exact thing happen two days in a row. Purchased my ‘16 Touring model new and now have 51k miles on it.

nope but i havent had any issues like it again, minus my touch screen beeping and going to the home screen. Its gotten better but it still happens on a weekly basis. I had a screen replaced and now that im out of warranty, i suck it up.
Sponsored