Electric parking brake error?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Got this last night on the tach screen after starting the car. I've yet to even use the parking brake on this car, so no idea what it could be referring to. I shut the car down and started it back up a couple times and the error went away.

Anyone else see this?
:mad: Yes mine did the same thing today, first time ever, car has 9800 miles on it. Started the car and it shows the little i with the circle around it, and it says on the odometer screen "Parking brake system problem" and the parking brake light is flashing on and off (red). I have never used the parking brake on the car ever. I have no idea why it's doing this. I restarted the car again, and it was still there, restarted a 3rd time, still there. 4th time it went away and did not happen again for the rest of the day that I had started and stopped it.
Starting to think maybe I need to hit craigs list and find an old beater that doesnt have all this fancy tech that keeps screwing up.:what:
I'll report it to the dealership and I'm sure I'll be told unless it can be replicated they cannot do anything, and I'm sure even if they can replicate they will stay we are waiting for Honda to write a software fix for it.
How does this even start happening after 8 months of ownership and 9800 miles out of nowhere my car is developing new technology problems it seems every freaking week!!!!!!!! UGH :banghead: :thumbsdown: :mad::mad:
Sponsored

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Happened to me friday. A restart fixed it, but good to know others are experiencing it too. GDI HONDA.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Happened to me friday. A restart fixed it, but good to know others are experiencing it too. GDI HONDA.
It would be great if they fixed it! It made me scared to drive the car, did not happen today when I was running errands, but not I feel a little uneasy driving it :(

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
It would be great if they fixed it! It made me scared to drive the car, did not happen today when I was running errands, but not I feel a little uneasy driving it :(
I agree. It is probably nothing to worry about, but I hear you. I just brought the thing in last week too. When I bring it back for the new window channel and the fix for the vent I am going to mention that.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. It is probably nothing to worry about, but I hear you. I just brought the thing in last week too. When I bring it back for the new window channel and the fix for the vent I am going to mention that.
I just had mine in the shop last week too, for 2 TSB infotainment fixes, the TSB fix for the turbo surging, fix a rattle in the back door etc. I was so happy it all seemed fixed, then yesterday punch in the face again :(

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I just had mine in the shop last week too, for 2 TSB infotainment fixes, the TSB fix for the turbo surging, fix a rattle in the back door etc. I was so happy it all seemed fixed, then yesterday punch in the face again :(
I got the 1 audio update, but they refused to do the cvt update because they couldn't replicate the problem. Told them to check the alignment 3 times, got ignored. Now I have to bring it back when the parts come in because conveniently they were all backordered.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got the 1 audio update, but they refused to do the cvt update because they couldn't replicate the problem. Told them to check the alignment 3 times, got ignored. Now I have to bring it back when the parts come in because conveniently they were all backordered.
wow what is wrong with yours?
Mine only needed the TSBs and the rattle fixed, oh and the sub rattling, they stuffed all kinds of sound dampening stuff all over my trunk to stop that.

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I took my car into honda last week and they looked at it and found all of the errors. They did a software update to it and cleared all of the errors. As soon as I got in the car and turned it on the charging system error popped up. So they are ordering a new screen and see if that fixes it. Right now I can't connect to Bluetooth even.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I took my car into honda last week and they looked at it and found all of the errors. They did a software update to it and cleared all of the errors. As soon as I got in the car and turned it on the charging system error popped up. So they are ordering a new screen and see if that fixes it. Right now I can't connect to Bluetooth even.
Wow, my service department manager said the district manager was giving the runaround on ordering me a new infotainment and would not approve it. Though the TSB updates seemed to fix it, then this new parking brake thing pops up not even a week later :(

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
wow what is wrong with yours?
Mine only needed the TSBs and the rattle fixed, oh and the sub rattling, they stuffed all kinds of sound dampening stuff all over my trunk to stop that.
The passenger window rolled down very slow so they ordered a new channel, and the drivers side vent does that thing where it just points upward no matter where you point it. Those issues they acknowledged and ordered parts for. The audio system update was applied, even though my phone said it disconnected today while driving despite the audio still playing. Theres many things wrong haha.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The passenger window rolled down very slow so they ordered a new channel, and the drivers side vent does that thing where it just points upward no matter where you point it. Those issues they acknowledged and ordered parts for. The audio system update was applied, even though my phone said it disconnected today while driving despite the audio still playing. Theres many things wrong haha.
That sucks, mine was great until about 7900 miles, then its like the infotainment went into self destruct mode, and every week it comes up with some new wacko thing it does that it should not be doing :(

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
That sucks, mine was great until about 7900 miles, then its like the infotainment went into self destruct mode, and every week it comes up with some new wacko thing it does that it should not be doing :(
so frustrating! did you have to twist their arm to give you the cvt update? I even showed the guy this forum with 23 pages of people with the same issue, and they still wouldn't budge.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
so frustrating! did you have to twist their arm to give you the cvt update? I even showed the guy this forum with 23 pages of people with the same issue, and they still wouldn't budge.
Nope I just asked for the turbo surging update and they did it along with the other updates. However when they looked up my VIN for updates it came up with none needed. I said look it NEEDS the turbo surge one and definitely needs the other infotainment ones and they said OK. The TSP for the turbo surge is covered by warranty takes 30 minutes or less, NO reason they should refuse you because its for ALL 1.5ltr Turbo engines.
They said they did some kind of sound dampening foam stuff around the sub, but I just peeked in my trunk and I see absolutely nothing in there, so next week after the service manager gets back from vacation I'll be taking a trip to the dealership to have him show me where he put it.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase