eBay tires

Proxkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
This might a stupid question, I’m fairly novice to cars and I need to get new tires soonish.
Been lurking in here for a while and seems like the majority of people love the pilot sport 4s, the new version is coming out soon and most likely I’ll be getting those.
I was on eBay and was curious to see if I can find some tires on there cheaper than Costco, a set of the 4s at Costco near me will run me about $1,600 OTD, I found a few options like:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-245-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

And

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Tires-Fu...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

i can’t really find anything on those companies they seem like some cheap Chinese tires and I don’t really trust them, but for-the price I’m not really expecting something crazy, I don’t track the car, it’s my daily driver and I don’t go crazy driving. In my eyes if those tires are garbage I could just return them and get some 4s or 5s on there but idk. tires for the type r are pretty expensive and I’m not sure if I’m gonna keep the car long enough to justify getting new wheels and I love the look of the stock wheels.

Anyone know anything in these tires? Are they death traps, should I just say fuck it and buy the eBay tires and see if they don’t kill me?
and can I get a different size on the stock rim for example 255/35/20? They seem to a lot cheaper for the 4s
Sponsored

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
a quick google search shows they are both Chinese made. being cheap on the one thing that keeps you on the road is asking for something to happen.

stop playing with fire or you're gonna get burned.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
If you don’t track the car, or drive the car hard, why do you need the pilot sports anyway? Why not just get a reliable all season?

OP
OP
Proxkiller

Proxkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you don’t track the car, or drive the car hard, why do you need the pilot sports anyway? Why not just get a reliable all season?
I did see that there is the pilot sport all season 4, those are a little cheaper. You see I love how the car handles with the contis, wonder how much the AS 4 change the handling

OP
OP
Proxkiller

Proxkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
a quick google search shows they are both Chinese made. being cheap on the one thing that keeps you on the road is asking for something to happen.

stop playing with fire or you're gonna get burned.
you right, I’m gonna go up to 255/35/20 and get the pilot sport A/S 4 about $700 cheaper, and from what I seen on here there isn’t any issues other than speedo being wrong and I can live with that

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Why would you buy a high performing car and then put cheap tires on it?

Tires are the one place to not cheap out they control how well the car does everything. Yea $1600 sucks but other than that it's a "cheap" car to own. Give it the tires it deserves
Sponsored