Driver Information issue..?

Lightning19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Sedan
I was driving home from my gfs tonight and when I was a mile away from her house, the information below the digital speed display went blank (just black). I eventually fiddles with buttons and came back to normal then by the steering wheel controls I hit the music icon and will just show a loading circle and just keep loading and the same with cell phone icon will just keep loading...I mostly likely will be taking a drive to the dealership in hopes they can fix, Bc I still have bumper to bumper warrinaty...well not for long (11,789 miles)
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Did you reboot it to see if it would fix itself?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
Lightning19

Lightning19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Sedan
Check here:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/how-to-do-a-hard-reset.1525/#post-137504

(this was buried in the third page is search results when I looked for "reboot" -- common enough to get mentioned, but not presented front-and-center in the "tips and tricks" sticky thread in the Audio & Nav subforum)

I think I've rebooted the "premium" system in my car by pressing on the Power icon until the "Fo you want to reboot? Yes:No" screen came up.
I'll just let the dealer look at it lol

OP
OP
Lightning19

Lightning19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Sedan
Check here:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/how-to-do-a-hard-reset.1525/#post-137504

(this was buried in the third page is search results when I looked for "reboot" -- common enough to get mentioned, but not presented front-and-center in the "tips and tricks" sticky thread in the Audio & Nav subforum)

I think I've rebooted the "premium" system in my car by pressing on the Power icon until the "Fo you want to reboot? Yes:No" screen came up.
You were right all they did was reboot the system ;)

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From reading other roughly similar posts (I'm paraphrasing, but they're like, "WTF is wrong with my touchscreen!?"), issues that would have been totally unrelated a decade ago can now cause problems with the whole car. One of them was a taillight bulb had gone bad, which switched off the car's cruise control, lane-watch system, automatic wipers, and all kinds of other silly stuff.

OP
OP
Lightning19

Lightning19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Sedan
From reading other roughly similar posts (I'm paraphrasing, but they're like, "WTF is wrong with my touchscreen!?"), issues that would have been totally unrelated a decade ago can now cause problems with the whole car. One of them was a taillight bulb had gone bad, which switched off the car's cruise control, lane-watch system, automatic wipers, and all kinds of other silly stuff.
The downfall of Electronics..lol
Sponsored