Door visor problem

jimmyppppp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Hi All,

My door visors that were purchased with the new civic I have and installed by Superior Honda are annoying now. They were installed about a month and a half ago, and about two or three weeks ago, they starting making noise when I go up to 60 and beyond.

The dealer who installed them said they are properly installed; nothing they can do. The Honda America said no one was complaining about it online so it's not a defect. So here I am, warning you that you may want to think twice before getting door visors from the factory. They cost me about $312.

Still it's now a problem for me, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
What kind of noise is it. The noise that comes from the visor splitting the air or the sound of something rattling between the visor and the door part it's attached too?

As for Superior Honda, holy crap they are dumb as$ hole$$!!!! if something works most of the time, and then a product doesn't work one time, it is a defect (because it was suppose to work exactly as advertised). The dealer is obviously just saying things and making it hard for you to get help because he knows if he pushes you away hard enough, you'll just submit and not do anything about it. They do this for a living. You options are, to not leave and basically keep pushing him, or ask to talk to his supervisor about the problem. Be prepared to talk to supervisors of supervisors because dealers are a bunch of little dirty a$$ hole$ and like to play that game. My advice, Don't put too much effort in explaining your position. You know your have a product that is defective. You just say it simple, so you don't get exhausted explaining your story every time they switch up on you.

The door visor is making a noise and it shouldn't be. That is annoying and could be potential dangerous and a safety hazard if it flies off and hits another car. They installed it, they can fix it. If they can't, they need to do something because ignoring it won't do anything and you payed out of your a$$ for it already. Their's a warranty on it, so the last resort would be they take it off and send it back to the company to get it fixed and then either wait till it comes back or give you a brand new one that is not defective or give you your refund.

Last resort, you call the honda company itself, or the makers of those parts and do a warranty claim because the product may still be under warranty.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I had an incessant rattle sound from driver's side rear door/window, at highway speeds just like you. I was miffed, then one day I saw that the visor was misaligned just a bit, and there were visible small gaps between window frame and visor, essentially letting air buffet around and escape.

It took me a while to track it down, but it was definitely it.

It was dealer installed, but I didn't want to waste 4 hours, so I took it off myself, cleaned off the adhesive (it was a bitch), cut my own 3M tape and reinstalled it. Noise gone!

Edit*: Open all your windows, and look up at the 2 clips of each visor. Make sure it's seated properly between the two rubber trims. Make sure there's no play in either the clip itself, or the small plastic nut that holds the visor to the clips. wiggle it around with your finger to see if they're loose.
Sponsored