Is it normal for new window visors to squeak when opening the door?

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi I've never owned window visors before. I got the EOS ones and I just installed them. Whenever I open a door, which I guess flexes the frame a little, the visor squeaks and creaks a little. I've made sure all the adhesive is pressed down and while the brackets don't do a whole lot, they are there too. Still, it squeaks. I'm hoping it'll go away as the adhesive dries but it sounds like it's the plastic that's flexing. Any idea?
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
You might want to give it time and observe.

I used the OEM visors and never had that issue from day one I installed it.

GordMM

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi I've never owned window visors before. I got the EOS ones and I just installed them. Whenever I open a door, which I guess flexes the frame a little, the visor squeaks and creaks a little. I've made sure all the adhesive is pressed down and while the brackets don't do a whole lot, they are there too. Still, it squeaks. I'm hoping it'll go away as the adhesive dries but it sounds like it's the plastic that's flexing. Any idea?
Hey man, they still creaking?

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man, they still creaking?
I've had 2 pairs of these EOS. I actually thought it was E85 lol. The tape that comes on them is shit. One ripped off at triple digits and sounded like an explosion! It actually exploded into multiple tiny pieces. I could hear another one vibrate. I bought a second pair, removed all the fake Chinese "3m" tape and replaced with 3M VHB and now you would need a screwdriver to peal them off. Replace with better tape and they are good to go. Running with the knock off tape is a disaster waiting to happen, most likely to the person behind you.

GordMM

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I've had 2 pairs of these EOS. I actually thought it was E85 lol. The tape that comes on them is shit. One ripped off at triple digits and sounded like an explosion! It actually exploded into multiple tiny pieces. I could hear another one vibrate. I bought a second pair, removed all the fake Chinese "3m" tape and replaced with 3M VHB and now you would need a screwdriver to peal them off. Replace with better tape and they are good to go. Running with the knock off tape is a disaster waiting to happen, most likely to the person behind you.
Man that scares me, just installed them today and the tape itself feels secure enough. I've tried to flex it by hand and even took it up at triples but I haven't noticed anything. Thats going to be a pain to take it off and redo it, damn

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a squeaking sound from my driver side visors. I installed the visors at the shop where my car was being wrapped, before they ceramic coated it. I installed my passenger side, aligned to match the window trim on the door, and there is no noise from that side. However, the guy from the wrap shop decided to "help" me, and stuck them on so that they touched the roof. That side creaks all the time when the door is shut, with even the slightest movement. Open the door and it's quiet. The noise is the visor rubbing against the clear coat. Is this similar to what you are experiencing, or does it make noise with the door open too?

I just got a new roll of 3M to install my spoiler, so I need to redo the driver side. 3M isn't permanent. A hair dryer, trim tool, and a little patience is all it takes to remove these. Since I took the time to respond to this, I guess I should get out there and do it while I'm thinking about it. :hmm:

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a squeaking sound from my driver side visors. I installed the visors at the shop where my car was being wrapped, before they ceramic coated it. I installed my passenger side, aligned to match the window trim on the door, and there is no noise from that side. However, the guy from the wrap shop decided to "help" me, and stuck them on so that they touched the roof. That side creaks all the time when the door is shut, with even the slightest movement. Open the door and it's quiet. The noise is the visor rubbing against the clear coat. Is this similar to what you are experiencing, or does it make noise with the door open too?

I just got a new roll of 3M to install my spoiler, so I need to redo the driver side. 3M isn't permanent. A hair dryer, trim tool, and a little patience is all it takes to remove these. Since I took the time to respond to this, I guess I should get out there and do it while I'm thinking about it. :hmm:
1.5 hours later... NO MORE SQUEAKY CAR! :thumbsup::headbang:
Sponsored