Do we need to use hubcentric rings on aftermarket wheels?

jesmanblueFC1

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan in Aegean blue
Country flag
Hello everyone, I am in talks with someone on FB to buy a used set of 4 18x9 Enkei PF01's for a damn good deal, I am fairly new to modding my 2019 Honda Civic Si sedan, will I need to buy hubcentric rings? If so, what size do they need to be? Thanks in advance for all the help, if this was answered somewhere else, I apologize(total noob here).
Sponsored

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Hello everyone, I am in talks with someone on FB to buy a used set of 4 18x9 Enkei PF01's for a damn good deal, I am fairly new to modding my 2019 Honda Civic Si sedan, will I need to buy hubcentric rings? If so, what size do they need to be? Thanks in advance for all the help, if this was answered somewhere else, I apologize(total noob here).
Stock center bore is 64.1 most aftermarket wheels are 74-76 so whatever aftermarket wheel your getting just research its center bore size and find the hub centric ring that reduces from that down to 64.1.

And yes hub centric rings are nearly always necessary if your doing a proper wheel change.

Discount Tire

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things Honda
Country flag
If hub rings are available, we recommend running them. Although "technically" not needed, hub centric rings assist in centering the wheel during installation which is a part of a vibration free ride.

Details: Hub Centric Rings | Discount Tire

Enkei lists the the center bore for this model in 18x9 at 75mm which means the ring size you need is 75-64.1.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I ran my volks about a week without them. Got to well above 80mph, no issues. No vibration or shaking or poor handling. This is the 4th car my wheels have been on and I did not have them on my previous cars. Although I did have rings on other cars and other wheels I have owned over the years.

Anyways, when I put my refinished wheels on, the gap or spacing was worse than my other cars in the past...it was definitely noticeable.

ordered a set, only $8. They fit perfect.
73.1 was the size I ordered.
Sponsored