Si Disabling 'rev hang' only when sport mode is enabled?

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I read some information on here about using Hondata to enable a specific tune only in sport mode, for example +6 PSI when in Sport Mode. I recently got the Acuity stage 3 kit thinking my shifts would be faster, and they are - but rev hang is now my 'weak point'. Sure, I could make the clutch eat it, but if the RPM dropped faster it would be perfect timing. Would Hondata or KTuner allow rev hang to be software disabled only when sport mode is enabled, or is that wishful thinking / feature request? I wouldn't want to have it disabled 24/7, as I enjoy having the opportunity to granny shift when daily driving. I don't have any tuning solution yet but this would be a plus to me when deciding between them.
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For KTuner, with the TSP Stage 1 & 2 tunes, rev hang is disabled by default. You can enable and disable rev hang at any time in any map and in normal and/or sport mode by pressing the cruise button on the steering wheel.

Honda Civic 10th gen Disabling 'rev hang' only when sport mode is enabled? 28

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Rev hang is not disabled by default, it's factory operation by default. You have to check the box to disable it, but you are correct that enabling cruise puts rev hang back to factory, so you can toggle it on/off at any time.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rev hang is not disabled by default, it's factory operation by default. You have to check the box to disable it, but you are correct that enabling cruise puts rev hang back to factory, so you can toggle it on/off at any time.
Oh my bad. I forgot to clarify that the TSP Stage 1 and 2 tunes have it on by default. Thanks! :)

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
WHAT? I did not know this. Welp TIL.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We don't force any settings on you. The tunes are what you choose from the list and the available settings can be altered to how you want to set them up.
Sponsored