Jay Bud

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Where I am located they spread salted sand on the roads all winter. Some sand will linger for weeks/months on roads less travelled now that winters over. I also drive on dirt roads by times, though I try to avoid. Keeping car clean is next to impossible in my area.
I always found even before winter when raining and especially when pressure washing that dirt would never stop coming out from between the painted bumper cover and the black lower lip below the fake mesh vents. Now I've sealed the seam between the two (all/every seams) there's no way possible it could. Got the parts where my undercoating guy totally missed with Fluid film which stays forever in my experience if not washed off. Dirt/rocks will still gather, I have no doubt, but stay on the inside and not seep thru. I'll be happy.
Sponsored

Jay Bud

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I wonder if the fabric wheel well liners in the rear make it worse? All plastic would let dirt just fall off at speed but the fabric acts like a sponge. Maybe?
To answer that, I say no, the shape of the fabric liner is to blame. It leaves a lot of the tires inners totally unguarded. I'll even go as far to say I bet funnels everything being kicked up by tires inwards/upwards causing all the dirty rearend grief. Recently seen a Chevy HHR while lifted upon a hoist. GM actually made/utilizes a plastic filler piece to close in whats missing on our Civic like in these pics cuz the HHR liners are very much shaped the same. They corrected for the void/lack of coverage. Also I have to express how much I firmly believe RallyArmors are NOT worth their price or praise. They could of, should of saw/knew this and corrected this, if only they knew how to properly design & make a flap worthy of the prices they charge. Guess I'll have to just make my own flaps or filler piece if I want it done right. Forced to DIY, I'm up for the challenge.
Honda Civic 10th gen Dirty rear end... 20210428_150900
Honda Civic 10th gen Dirty rear end... 20210428_150846
Honda Civic 10th gen Dirty rear end... 20210428_150734
Honda Civic 10th gen Dirty rear end... 20210428_150733

I didn't think to take a pic of the HHR's underside and the piece I'm trying sadly to explain with words. So basically this in green is filled with separate wheel well liner piece oh so closely to what's needed here. Phew, OMG, I never shut up. :crazy:
Honda Civic 10th gen Dirty rear end... 20210428_150846edit

Does anyone think a rear diffuser would help? Help guide the dust further out than from coming right back up and landing on the back?
Yes perhaps it would. Or with already have, try and fix it's faults.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
On my FK7, I covered that whole area with aluminum sheet metal as a proper rear diffuser. Not those rear diffusers for styling.

Jay Bud

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
P.S. With some time having passed since I clear chauked all the seams & etc. on the bumper skins inside. I can't believe how much cleaner my filthy behinds been staying. Try and remedy the well liner next. Could there be a happy and cleaner rear ending to all this in sight? I say yes.
Sponsored