First Name
Dia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2019
Country flag
To make it simple;
I took my car to the dealership so I can get an engine diagnosis cause there were a few problems happening (engine bay shaking along with intake, exhaust misfiring, acceleration was horrible aka 0-20mph 10 seconds, and possible valve burnt/cynlinder leak. The spark plugs were fine, which were also odd to me).
Called the tow truck and was getting ready to tune the car back to factory; but the tow trucks came less than 5 minutes, gave me no time to tune back to factory.
So took the car to the dealer and the mechanics noticed it has a tune; but I told them I can tune it back to factory; which I did 100%.
Got the car back and was getting ready to engine swap because cylinder 1 and 2 were busted and rather get it swapped instead and such; but what I would want to know overall is;
[[Did they change my ECU and or lock it? Because I'm unable to unlock the ECU unit on my laptop (it is a ktuner v1.2, forgot to mention). I can't upload any tunes and I cannot return to factory in general.]]
I would get a message everytime I return to factory and or upload a tune, "The Unit Is Locked To An ECU That Does Not Match The One You Are Trying To Flash."
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
You mentioned trying to return to the stock tune... Meaning it's still on a tune so it must be your old ecu... Right?

OP
OP

diadiary

First Name
Dia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2019
Country flag
You mentioned trying to return to the stock tune... Meaning it's still on a tune so it must be your old ecu... Right?
Well I returned/flashed it back to factory; there shouldn't be a tune on the car/ECU anymore.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I returned/flashed it back to factory; there shouldn't be a tune on the car/ECU anymore.
So what are you trying to do? Upload a tune again?

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
I think they swapped your ECU and you didn't unlock your unit from your old ECU..

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP

diadiary

First Name
Dia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2019
Country flag
I think they swapped your ECU and you didn't unlock your unit from your old ECU..
Yeah I forgot to unlock it when I returned it back to factory at the dealer. Did you think they really changed the ECU even without my consent??

Oof... That would make that ktuner a paperweight, no?
It really would be but I'm hoping they can give me back my old/stock ECU?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I forgot to unlock it when I returned it back to factory at the dealer. Did you think they really changed the ECU even without my consent??

Well, they definitely won't let you have both and if they did swap it out, there had to be a reason. They definitely should have talked to you about this though.

OP
OP

diadiary

First Name
Dia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2019
Country flag
Well, they definitely won't let you have both and if they did swap it out, there had to be a reason. They definitely should have talked to you about this though.
I wouldn't want both for sure too. And also; only for sure it's 100% if they really changed my ECU too. If they can swap out the one they put on my car with the previous one; which was mine :mad:, that would be super helpful!

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wouldn't want both for sure too. And also; only for sure it's 100% if they really changed my ECU too. If they can swap out the one they put on my car with the previous one; which was mine :mad:, that would be super helpful!
I hope for your sake that the old one wasn't damaged.

OP
OP

diadiary

First Name
Dia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2019
Country flag
I hope for your sake that the old one wasn't damaged.
So do you think 100% that they changed the ECU? Cause there would be no other way that the ktuner program would not be saying to me "The Unit Is Locked To An ECU That Does Not Match The One You Are Trying To Flash." Unless you have other scenarios in your head too

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So do you think 100% that they changed the ECU? Cause there would be no other way that the ktuner program would not be saying to me "The Unit Is Locked To An ECU That Does Not Match The One You Are Trying To Flash." Unless you have other scenarios in your head too
I don't have a clue to be honest. You definitely should ask them asap

OP
OP

diadiary

First Name
Dia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2019
Country flag
I don't have a clue to be honest. You definitely should ask them asap
Definitely will tomorrow! I don't know why I didn't unlock it when I was tuning back to factory... if you'd like to get an update tomorrow about it, I can do so too

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag

Yeah they swapped out your ECU.