Dealers with ADM won't get more CTRs

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Allegedly Honda sent an email to all the dealer GMs saying not to sell the CTR above MSRP. If they do, they may not receive future CTRs.

For those who are still waiting for thr car and your dealer wants to mark up the car, you may be able to use this info to your advantage.
Sponsored

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own: ‘17 PMM CTR, 2013 White Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Allegedly Honda sent an email to all the dealer GMs saying not to sell the CTR above MSRP. If they do, they may not receive future CTRs.

For those who are still waiting for thr car and your dealer wants to mark up the car, you may be able to use this info to your advantage.
"Allegedly" is a claim to be the case although there is no proof? Please something a little more than "allegedly" is needed here? I could say that to a dealer all day long and I'm going to get:dunno: "don't know what the H_ll your talking about" line?

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
"Allegedly" is a claim to be the case although there is no proof? Please something a little more than "allegedly" is needed here? I could say that to a dealer all day long and I'm going to get:dunno: "don't know what the H_ll your talking about" line?
Very true , some proof or the legit email would be great

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can confirm I heard this from a very reliable source as well... But that won't stop some dealerships from trying...
Please advise, how do I use this information, I "heard" that an e-mail has been sent to GM's that if you sell your CTR with an ADM you "may" not get more inventory? Or "Did your GM receive an email from American Honda about selling your vehicle w/an adm you "may" not receive more inventory"?

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
The email that was sent is a couple of threads below encouraging dealers to sell for MSRP but not telling them to sell at MSRP. They encourage auction style with miney over MSRP going to charity.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please advise, how do I use this information, I "heard" that an e-mail has been sent to GM's that if you sell your CTR with an ADM you "may" not get more inventory? Or "Did your GM receive an email from American Honda about selling your vehicle w/an adm you "may" not receive more inventory"?
I'd use option 2 personally... Just speak with the GM directly and tell them you know about the email from Honda and ADM

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok thought @ayau was talking about another email? That region pertaining to that email was only Calif? Or entire west coast region?

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
The email that was sent is a couple of threads below encouraging dealers to sell for MSRP but not telling them to sell at MSRP. They encourage auction style with miney over MSRP going to charity.
Yep. If Honda had sent an overt threat to their dealers in an email that would be begging for a rash of lawsuits. That kind of thing just doesn't happen. Their email is subtle. It let's their dealers know they're unhappy and paying attention. I'm sure they have plenty of ways of making things tough for a dealer without calling it out explicitly.

OP
OP

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Ok thought @ayau was talking about another email? That region pertaining to that email was only Calif? Or entire west coast region?
I'm not sure how many of these emails were sent to the GM, or if it's just that email that was already posted.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure how many of these emails were sent to the GM, or if it's just that email that was already posted.
It is my opinion, that the email that was posted in this thread, was in direct response to Honda dealer's charging ADM.

I have not seen proof of anything that says Honda will exclude ADM charging dealers (money not going to charity) future allocations any Honda models. Honda has told dealers before the launch that they did not want price increases on the cars. That was clear and said many times in dealer group meetings. It could be an internal punishment between Honda and the violating dealer. Who knows :dunno:

Last edited:
OP
OP

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
It is my opinion, that the email that was posted in this thread, was in direct response to Honda dealer's charging ADM.

I have not seen proof of anything that says Honda will exclude ADM charging dealers (money not going to charity) having any kind of penalty. Hearsay at best so far.
That's why I thought it may be a separate email since they didn't say anything about a penalty for charging ADM. The GMs may be just inferring this. Who knows.

Bottom line, Honda knows about the ADM and doesn't like it. However, due to legal or whatever, they can't enforce it.
Sponsored