ARE DEALERS LYING ABOUT GETTING MORE THAN 1 CTR???

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
  • Banned
Apparently, I have been in contact with many dealers. Some are dead set on only getting (1) Type R and having zero idea when next will come. Other dealers are saying they will be getting 2-3 Type R to start.

Do you guys with any solid knowledge know what is true and what is BS?

This will effect which ones who want to put deposits down when it comes to real ETA
Sponsored

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
I can't answer that for sure. My dealer/sales manager said they are getting 1 this week or next & 1 more in a month or so & that will be it for 2017. Then he said that they will be getting a few in 2018 , but no time frame on those. And like you I talk with another dealership several weeks back & the sales person I spoke with said they were a high volume dealership that sold 300 cars a month & they would be getting 3 CTR's. The dealership I'm dealing with definitely isn't high volume, so I can see them getting less. The higher volume stores I can see getting more. That's just my 2 cents.

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't answer that for sure. My dealer/sales manager said they are getting 1 this week or next & 1 more in a month or so & that will be it for 2017. Then he said that they will be getting a few in 2018 , but no time frame on those. And like you I talk with another dealership several weeks back & the sales person I spoke with said they were a high volume dealership that sold 300 cars a month & they would be getting 3 CTR's. The dealership I'm dealing with definitely isn't high volume, so I can see them getting less. The higher volume stores I can see getting more. That's just my 2 cents.
Every dealer is getting one. Higher volume dealers are getting more than one. 2018 models will be different.

OP
OP
xpimpindistressx

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
  • Banned
Every dealer is getting one. Higher volume dealers are getting more than one. 2018 models will be different.
So you saying some high volume dealers will be getting more than 1 during this month?

Hondasport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R-00144
My dealer's sales manager says they believe they will get at least 3. He also said that he heard they could get as many as 7 this year. He did mention that the 7 was pure rumor and he had no official word that it was true. I honestly think that the dealers won't know for sure until they get them. Honda is keeping everyone in the dark on purpose so as to increase speculation of excessive scarcity. I believe that Honda will manufacture more than everyone expects but it definitely won't be enough to meet the demand.

optogirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R
I highly doubt that they're lying if they can confidently say that they're getting more than 1 CTR and taking deposits for them. I'm 2nd on the waitlist at the dealership here in Clarksville and my dealer is confident that I'll be getting the next one in! (He's even mentioned that he can take another deposit after mine... HINT HINT !!3!!) I'm glad I've got a shot at this car and I don't have to settle for the gray one. CW please! *crosses fingers* :spaz:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I just don't understand. How can any dealer getting any cars this week or next when Honda hasn't officially announced any info for the car yet? No price, performance data, mpg, nor specs???

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just don't understand. How can any dealer getting any cars this week or next when Honda hasn't officially announced any info for the car yet? No price, performance data, mpg, nor specs???
Eh, the window sticker is out there, with most all of that information.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Because [a decent amount of] the cars are already here and Honda could just saw "tomorrow is release, here is the price" like the Si, but the transit will be quicker since a lot of them are already built and here.

Edit: OP your titles don't have to be in caps every time you post a thread by the way. :p

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Eh, the window sticker is out there, with most all of that information.
I know the sticker is out there, but not from Honda. So it looks funny when I see people posting their car is gonna come in 6/5, 6/6, etc.. I mean how's that gonna work, they're allowed to test drive before the official announcement?

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know the sticker is out there, but not from Honda. So it looks funny when I see people posting their car is gonna come in 6/5, 6/6, etc.. I mean how's that gonna work, they're allowed to test drive before the official announcement?
Wait and see bro. No one here knows what you are asking. We are all in the dark on the subject.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I read in several places and had two dealers tell me something similar that therecarecaround 1200 honda dealers and each was getting one. Then any others would be distributed based on population of van area not buy sales. I was also told 3000 would be made forvthe year ending the end of calender and would include the 2018s in that 3000. But considering i only see 2 or 3 si's at anytime in a town I doubt the type r will be that high. The whole idea is so rarer then regular civic and r even more so. I wouldn't count on high numbers of type r.

Apexial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si
Honda reps have said every dealership will get at least one (issue with some dealerships not being able to service the CTR may cause a few to not get any) and higher volume dealerships will get more. There's no official word on how many. There are CTRs already at some dealerships but they have to keep them hidden until Honda gives the go ahead to sell.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Honda reps have said every dealership will get at least one (issue with some dealerships not being able to service the CTR may cause a few to not get any) and higher volume dealerships will get more. There's no official word on how many. There are CTRs already at some dealerships but they have to keep them hidden until Honda gives the go ahead to sell.
Some dealers have them you say? I haven't seen any sneak shots yet...
Sponsored