Dealer Run around?

RetroJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T 6MT ViTuned
Country flag
So I placed an order for an ext with a manual transmission last month for which I had to put a "non-refundable" deposit down for. This was early January. I would rather not mention the name of the dealership.

The dealer told me they needed to wait until a specific date In (edit)January to place the order because Honda would not allow them to any other time.
So that day came and went and I got an email stating it would be another week or so before the order could be placed.
So I patiently waited and then asked again if the order went in about a week later. I was told that it DID indeed go in. Along with a few other orders for manual transmissions at the same time by other customers.
Great.

Here we are almost 3 weeks later, and now they tell me Honda REJECTED THE ORDER
AYFKM?
Has this happened to anyone here?
Now I don't even know if the dealership is being honest with me at all.

So frustrated right now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Sorry to tell you but your first mistake was putting down a non refundable deposit, they probably never had an allocation with your order to begin with...how much was the deposit if you don't mind me asking?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If they can't get your car as you ordered then you get your money back - if not contact the State Attorney General, it's called fraud.

OP
OP

RetroJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T 6MT ViTuned
Country flag
I am able to get the deposit back fortunately.

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
I don't know where you are in CT, but Curry Honda in Chicopee, MA, has an EX-T sedan in manual. PM me if you want the name of the sales guy.

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
I had a similar situation..
Put $$$$ down for a EX Hatch with sensing....told it should arrive mid January
January comes and told Feb for delivery date
Feb came and told it wasn't built yet and would be built late Feb
I canceled my order and I now see the same type of car in the same color being on the lot in MI and OH (were already bought since those were ordered)

Went into another dealer this weekend to test drive a CR-V and they are getting the HB W/ sensing in a couple weeks....so much for ordering it to get it sooner.....

kcarne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
I can relate. Ordered 3rd week of Nov. Honda started building Dec. 10th, didn't get delivered til Feb. 8th. And it got delivered with THE WRONG INTERIOR. Waited almost 3 months for the wrong car. The dealership ended up upgrading me to black leather, as I originally wanted all black interior. They delivered the car with the Black/Ivory interior and I was shocked. Turned out ok though

MishFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda 1.5T MT
I didn't put a deposit when I bought my manual EX-T but I did get a run around from multiple dealers trying to say that I wouldn't find any manuals. All dealers I went to claimed that their manual EX-T was the only one around. I'd do some homework and see if another dealer can get you the car.
Sponsored