Right Car - Wrong Dealer

6500in6th

Threads
Reaction score
Website
palmeter.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, Red Stripe Speedline Wheels, Built 2-2019, Followed me home 5-26-2019
Country flag
The closest White Sport Touring Hatch that I want is at a dealer an hour away, my closest dealer is 10 minutes away. Are Honda dealers generally willing to get you the car you want from another dealer? Of course I could buy the distant car and service it locally. How does that work out? I am open to comments and recommendations. Thanks!
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Would you want some bum earning $8/hr joy riding in your brand new car speeding to the other dealer or would you rather make the trip and get the car yourself? Less miles, the better. Negotiate ahead of time via phone/email. Set a firm price, then make the hr trip...

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you want some bum earning $8/hr joy riding in your brand new car speeding to the other dealer or would you rather make the trip and get the car yourself? Less miles, the better. Negotiate ahead of time via phone/email. Set a firm price, then make the hr trip...
This.

You don’t have some minimum wage throttle jockey treating your brand new car like a rental and you get the road trip home to bond with your new car.

It matters nothing where you buy/service as long as it’s a Honda dealer.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
They will do transfers/trades with other dealers at their discretion, but the price will not be as negotiable because of it. Best advice would be to drive down there if you care about price.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Given the distance, as others have mentioned, they would hire a kid or somebody to drive the car over from the other dealership.
From what I know, only for longer distances, they will put the car on a truck.
That said, you can always ask the dealership(s).

Last year, a friend was looking at trading his Si for a TLX V6 A-Spec, but the local dealer didn't have that colour and trim in stock.
Another dealer on the mainland (I live on an island) about 1 hour ferry ride away had one in stock.
They told us they would get someone to drive it onto the ferry, and over ... a brand-new less than ~15 km car.
Some kid revving the shit out of the engine...other drivers/passengers on the ferry could smash their car door on it while getting out of their vehicles, etc.
No thanks...

OP
OP
6500in6th

6500in6th

Threads
Reaction score
Website
palmeter.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, Red Stripe Speedline Wheels, Built 2-2019, Followed me home 5-26-2019
Country flag
Thanks all, I appreciate the comments. Got the car, here's how:

My attractive young bride of some 52 plus years said she wanted to visit her sister about an hour and a half away (in a town that also has my most favorite ever restaurant). Have you checked their Honda dealer, she asked. Sure enough, they have the car I want and could get the wheels I want (the factory red stripe 18's) next day. And the price was right! I love it when a plan looks like a winner. Will be 100% happy driving home tomorrow.

OP
OP
6500in6th

6500in6th

Threads
Reaction score
Website
palmeter.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, it was a 100% happy trip home! I still have about a million buttons and features to learn but that is part of the fun! Thanks again!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Right Car - Wrong Dealer IMG_6358

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much extra for HFP wheels?

OP
OP
6500in6th

6500in6th

Threads
Reaction score
Website
palmeter.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much extra for HFP wheels?
Dealer said 2200 installed, I said the Honda America build site said 1700, so that is what I paid, installed.

Last edited:

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am guessing you don’t get to keep the stock 18s? Was that always your preference to get the HFP ones and not the standard stock wheels?

OP
OP
6500in6th

6500in6th

Threads
Reaction score
Website
palmeter.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am guessing you don’t get to keep the stock 18s? Was that always your preference to get the HFP ones and not the standard stock wheels?
Correct guess.

I went to a lot of trouble to get the Speedlines. I didn't 'prefer' them, I really wanted them. They were getting positive attention before I left the dealer's lot!
Sponsored