Daks

First Name
Daks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello! I was not sure exactly where to put this but decided that here would be good because I'll defo be posting more information on how people can do their own and the patterns I made for the interior fabrics when I can digitize them. I was going to wait to post the whole journey when it was done but figured that maybe posting as I go will motivate me to work on it between my 12hr workdays. ?

Without further adieu, here is what I've done for my '18 hatchback sport, Earl Grey, so far.

Custom shifter boot and label, sewn from yaya-han's scuba hex fabric with orange leather trim. Light silver paint airbrushed on lower portion.
Scrubbed the shift pattern off the interior of the knob and put a printed custom design underneath:

Honda Civic 10th gen Daks' Excellent Custom Interior Adventure IMG_51rpac

Center Console lid, same fabrics as above w/silver sides and orange decorative topstitch:

Honda Civic 10th gen Daks' Excellent Custom Interior Adventure E5jHw9kXoAUiRlq

Door arm rests/handles. Black pleather with orange topstitch:

Honda Civic 10th gen Daks' Excellent Custom Interior Adventure E5bA4FOXoAgvGT

I've also done the "runners" on the sides of the center console lid with the pleather and topstitch but did not think to take pictures because I got too excited to put them in! >_< And now I need to clean the interior up to take pics of it.

But for now I'm covering the tan door cards with the scuba hex fabric. My ultimate goal is to do my own custom seat covers! But that's a long way off lol. I just loathe the tan....

Basic info (I will edit/add to this thread as I go!):
-It's SUPER easy to re-cover these pieces. Once removed, you will need to pull out the staples holding the fabric on and gently pull it off any adhesive, but I simply re-attached the new fabric by scuffing the tabs a little and using contact cement. If you're careful enough, you can even save all the old fabric pieces in case you want to revert back/sell the car in the future.
-Consider fabrics you will touch a lot (shifter knob, door handle) being replaced with something easily cleaned. My new boot is absorbent cloth but if you are someone who drinks or eats while driving, you'd prefer something like vinyl that won't stain or absorb a spill or greasy crumb. Something durable for anyone who has a dog is a good idea, too!
-The only piece you HAVE to sew out of this set is the shifter boot. Since the pleather isn't very flexible compared to normal fabric, I separated the planes of the arm rests to fit better but if you use stretchy normal fabric, you don't have to worry about this. The armrests and center console (lid and seperate rails) are one piece of fabric each. The boot has 2 halves. You could probably get away with one piece with one seam up the front or back, however.
-I will NOT be offering my services for sale. I am 100% jazzed to offer advice and ideas down to fabrics and color schemes but I will not do any physical work for you.
-I WILL be posting the basic patterns for the boot, arm rests, and console pieces. I will also have rough patterns for the door cards as well but I'm still fiddling with them. I just need to scan them in and make sure they're sized right for y'all.

Can't wait to take finished pics, it's gonna be dope. It's hard as hell to find good orange accessories so sometimes you just gotta make orangeade~