Request: Wrapping interior with vinyl.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
So i've been wanting to add carbon vinyl to my interior for some time now, but it doesn't look like the easiest thing to do. Can someone do a write up on how they did it? I'm afraid im going to scratch my dash by running a blade across it to cut the vinyl.
Sponsored

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i've been wanting to add carbon vinyl to my interior for some time now, but it doesn't look like the easiest thing to do. Can someone do a write up on how they did it? I'm afraid im going to scratch my dash by running a blade across it to cut the vinyl.
If you type on eBay "2016 civic carbon " it comes up with a bunch of stick on pieces that you can just stick to your interior parts to make them look carbon. Maybe that's an easier route for you depending on what you wanted it to look like / what you wanted to wrap .

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 2.0 (Traded), 2017 Honda Civic Hatch LX 6 Speed (Current)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
they sell knifeless tape so you wont have to use a blade just google it, sold by 3M

iWantaHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ExlNavi,2016 PiloTouring
Oh god no!

Don't cut the vinyl on the dash. Remove the trim pieces and wrap them off of the car. There's a ton of diy videos on YouTube.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wrapped my interior trim today. It wasn't all that difficult but takes some time. I highly recommend getting some trim removal tools to help the process. I picked some up today from Advanced Auto through the website for $14.99. I took a video before I put it all back together, Im sorry its not the greatest it was late and dark but I think there is enough there to see what needs to be done.

First thing to do is loosen the stereo. I didn't do a video but here's one.

Here's my video after the stereo is loose.

Again sorry it isn't the greatest also my first ever youtube video. Here's a better picture after it was all put back together.
Honda Civic 10th gen Request: Wrapping interior with vinyl. 20170520_204906
Sponsored

Last edited: