GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cant stand the bland yellow New Jersey license plate!! Anybody know how I can get a customized one that isn't that gross color but is legal? Need new plates ASAP!!
Sponsored

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm certain you have to live with it.

Get personalized.

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
I'd like to get personalized plates I just don't know how to lmao
Application. All of the choices are basically the same yellow background with graphics added to them. It would be cool to get the old blue NJ plate. Probably would have to find someone who still has them. No idea if it is possible to get the old plate registered to your car.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dump some $$$ into Chri$ Christie's pockets, maybe he'll introduce something other than faded yellow.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd like to get personalized plates I just don't know how to lmao
I'm from Canada eh lol so can't help you with that.

I doubt personalized will cost you $320 like what we pay up here.

Anyone know why NY went with black & yellow?

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you not choose different styles of plates? In Arizona we have so many choices, plus you can get it randomly generated or you can get it customized.
Honda Civic 10th gen Customized plates az-plates_1500-56a726be3df78cf77292c9e0

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
OP
OP
GiulzFoc

GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad I live in Texas and not NJ. We can have a huge amount of different colors and designs of plates here. If anyone is new to Texas (or considering getting custom plates) and looking for choices in plates, the official dmv site is http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/license-plates/specialty-license-plates or you can go to http://www.myplates.com/ and get tons of different choices for plates. As soon as my new Civic Si coupe arrives, I'll be putting one on it.
I need to do some research. All those Texas plates to choose from no way NJ could only have this yellow one. I need a NJ member to give me some insight

jgooooo

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, Miata NA
I just ordered mine, CA black and yellow plate. "ISSA SI" Thought it was pretty fitting as people have been asking "what kind of car is that" and I haven't even finished putting parts on

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I need to do some research. All those Texas plates to choose from no way NJ could only have this yellow one. I need a NJ member to give me some insight
Well, I'm not a NJ member, but I did venture on to the official State of New Jersey Motor Vehicles Commission website, and the examples of all the custom plates have varying designs on them, but all have that yellow background on them (I have included pics from the site of example plates). Under Plates in the middle of the page, click on any of the plates under where it says "The choices for the design of your license plate include:" and you'll see examples of different plates, and they all have the yellow background color. http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/Plates.htm

Honda Civic 10th gen Customized plates NJ Community plates
Honda Civic 10th gen Customized plates NJ Military plates
Honda Civic 10th gen Customized plates NJ Professional plates
Honda Civic 10th gen Customized plates NJ Sports plates

Last edited:

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered my custom plate only 14 days ago, and I just got my custom plate in the mail today and i'm so damn excited! I love it!
I got 2 plates and its not required in AZ for a front plate but i've debated installing my front just because i'm 50/50 about liking the front plate look.
Honda Civic 10th gen Customized plates IMG_2061.JPG

OP
OP
GiulzFoc

GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered my custom plate only 14 days ago, and I just got my custom plate in the mail today and i'm so damn excited! I love it!
I got 2 plates and its not required in AZ for a front plate but i've debated installing my front just because i'm 50/50 about liking the front plate look.
IMG_2061.JPG
Lucky over there in the west lmao we can't change the NJ plate look at all and the front is required. I tinted my back one and am removing my front one. Back actually looks much better with the tint on it

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
IMG_2061.JPG
First Responder RALLYEE plate looks great on your car. I'm jealous because your plate fees in AZ are only $25/year. Here in Texas, you have 3 options: $195 and it renews for that amount each year, $445 for 3 years, or $495 for five years. So if you only want to pay $99 per year, you have to pay for the full five years at $495 up front, and that's in addition to the usual registration fees you'll pay every year whether you have a custom tag or not. :eek:
Sponsored