Dominick

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatch EX-L (CVT)
Country flag
Recently got my Hatchback EX-L and thinking about getting a custom exhaust. I'm new to this kind of thing and don't know much. How do I make an exhaust sound like a Greddy DD-R? What build/components would I need? I would just buy that exhaust system but it wont fit my Civic EX-L
Sponsored

Jayz.91

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Sport Touring
Country flag
The DDR is practically a straight pipe. the mufflers at the tips don’t really do much and the FK8 version does have a resonator. Piping is 3 inches. You could have a shop put together some 3 inch pipes, have the end of the exhaust snake around the spare tire well and back to the middle if you want a center exit. Or if you don’t care about the center exit just follow the shape of the original exhaust, throw on some tips at the end and have them poke out.

so I guess in terms of components you’d need some 3 inch piping, exhaust tips you like and a resonator (optional)

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a Greddy DDR for a hatchback sport sitting in my garage you could have for cheap if you were close to Ohio.

OP
OP
Dominick

Dominick

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatch EX-L (CVT)
Country flag
The DDR is practically a straight pipe. the mufflers at the tips don’t really do much and the FK8 version does have a resonator. Piping is 3 inches. You could have a shop put together some 3 inch pipes, have the end of the exhaust snake around the spare tire well and back to the middle if you want a center exit. Or if you don’t care about the center exit just follow the shape of the original exhaust, throw on some tips at the end and have them poke out.

so I guess in terms of components you’d need some 3 inch piping, exhaust tips you like and a resonator (optional)
Sweet. Thanks for the explanation! Is my 2020 Ex-L hatchback a Fk7 or Fk8?