Could the touring benefit from changing the speakers?

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just checked out a touring and the bass is nice but something sounds a bit off with the higher tones. Not as warm as I'd like I think. They didn't get super loud so I wouldn't want to have quieter speakers.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sure a good set of aftermarket speakers would work well. IMO it sounds great with Android Auto and HD Radio, but regular FM and some Sirius stations cam sound tinny.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
I've only had 2 days with the system but so far so good, sounds real nice. There will always be after market speakers that sound better but I'm pretty impressed with the stock system. I just tweak the bass, treble, etc. based on the source. I've been mostly using Apple CarPlay and some XM. I never listen to FM music.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
...IMO it sounds great with Android Auto and HD Radio, but regular FM and some Sirius stations cam sound tinny.
A good quality source makes a world of difference. I'm low tech old school and when I rip my old CDs, I use the highest quality (or lowest compression) process available. Just yesterday, the wife and I were enjoying a little ride around town while listening to the Eagles and a little AC/DC. She usually listens to music on her clock radio Mp3 player in her craft room and she was blown away with the rich sound and good clean bass.

If you do upgrade, start with adding acoustic insulation under the rear deck to dampen the subwoofer's vibration issues experienced at louder volumes. I think Honda has a TSB out on doing this already.

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2019 Touring PWP Coupe
Country flag
Its not only the speakers that cause the issue its the amp as well. Changing speakers to a higher quality while using the stock amp that overheats easily under heavy use isnt going to clear anything up. Like frozen said good quality music will help yes, but the system isnt designed to do what some people want, so it looses that punch at higher ends. get a set of good speakers, then get an amp..you dont need much to get a great sound out of your car. I have a 2012 civic and replaced my whole system with Kaption audio stuff, amps and all. I can tell you its made a HUGE difference. Not sure what the stereo is like in the Touring but if its anything like my wifes 2016 ILX tech with the ELS stereo then its a pretty damn good little stereo for what you get

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So how invasive and expensive is changing the amp?
Sponsored