Clear bra

First Name
Kenji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Hey guys, anyone ever try one of those clear bra protection pre cut kits from Amazon? Wondering if it's easy to do or if it's just better to pay 3x the amount to have a pro do it.

Anyone here even use any protection?
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Depends on your DIY skill.
I have none so I went to the professionals. For these protection films, workmanship is key.

Last edited:

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
I did it on my own car...The grille is very difficult. It involves alot of stretching. I have worked with vinyl a couple times before, and still had some problems. I ended up with a few very visible bubbles. Now as soon as the car gets dirty or a couple bugs on the grille you cant really tell. It looks fine from 10 feet.

I would however not recommend it for a first time job, there are too many contours on the grille and bumper that make it very difficult. The upper bumper, hood, and headlight eyebrow things are easy tho.

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even the pros that did mine said the front of the car is a pain. I'd take it to somebody who knows what they're doing.

OP
OP
First Name
Kenji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Even the pros that did mine said the front of the car is a pain. I'd take it to somebody who knows what they're doing.
Ok thanks guys. I think I will see how much just the front bumper is and do the hood and fender myself just for learning purposes. First foot of the hood looks easy enough to do. I mean I put my cellphone screen protector on pretty darn good so.......

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
In Toronto, I was supposed to pay $450CAN for ceramic window tints and 18-inch XPEL (the usual 3 pieces). Then I added more XPEL to different areas and it ended up to be $650.

This is what they do. They give a good price for the basic 3 pieces and upsell when you get there. Don’t blame them for their efforts! They tried to charge me $70 to apply XPEL to the 2 side mirror covers and I declined. Also, they asked me if I wanted to wrap the headlights. I declined also because I was not sure if they should use the same film for the headlights.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Kenji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In Toronto, I was supposed to pay $450CAN for ceramic window tints and 18-inch XPEL (the usual 3 pieces). Then I added more XPEL to different areas and it ended up to be $650.

This is what they do. They give a good price for the basic 3 pieces and upsell when you get there. Don’t blame them for their efforts! They tried to charge me $70 to apply XPEL to the 2 side mirror covers and I declined. Also, they asked me if I wanted to wrap the headlights. I declined also because I was not sure if they should use the same film for the headlights.
650 for the whole front area? I would do that. That's not bad at all, I figured when I see prices of the American users it would be much more for us here in canada.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
650 for the whole front area? I would do that. That's not bad at all, I figured when I see prices of the American users it would be much more for us here in canada.
Not the whole frontal area. $650 included the tints and clear films. The clear film covers 18 inches of the hood and the 2 fenders, one strip applied to the painted area just below the hood, A pillars, a strip across just in front of the sunroof, door sills and rear bumper appliqué.

Last edited:

OP
OP
First Name
Kenji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not the whole frontal area. $650 included the tints and clear films. The clear film covers 18 inches of the hood and the 2 fenders, one strip applied to the painted area just below the hood, A pillars, a strip across just in front of the sunroof, door sills and rear bumper appliqué.

Those are the easy areas , I think I'm going to give it a shot myself.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Those are the easy areas , I think I'm going to give it a shot myself.
Agreed.
I paid to get it done because of the weather. These films should be applied inside a heated garage.
Sponsored