Clear Bra Installation

Elsith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring in Lunar Silver Metallic
Howdy, I am going to see "Clear Guard for Cars Inc." in Hoffman Estates, IL this Saturday to get the Xpel installed on my car. I first considered Tint World in Bensenville, IL but the reviews were a little dicey. If anyone has any direct experience with an installer please reply. Otherwise, I will post my experience after this Saturday with Clear Guard.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Howdy, I am going to see "Clear Guard for Cars Inc." in Hoffman Estates, IL this Saturday to get the Xpel installed on my car. I first considered Tint World in Bensenville, IL but the reviews were a little dicey. If anyone has any direct experience with an installer please reply. Otherwise, I will post my experience after this Saturday with Clear Guard.
How'd it go?

OP
OP
Elsith

Elsith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How'd it go?
It went really well! He is contacted by dealerships to do clear bra installs, so it's nice to cut out the middle man (dealerships) and he installs about a dozen a week, and he has been doing this for years. He is now big on XPel because of the quality, so he is very good at it. I had a full hood, partial fenders, mirrors and front bumper completed for $800 and it took about 4 hours. I watched him do it and I was amazed how seamless it looks. I will post some pictures in my next post, within an hour or so. I have to upload them so I can link it here.

http://www.clearguardforcars.com/

OP
OP
Elsith

Elsith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are some pictures of the work in mid-process:

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear Bra Installation {filename}

Last edited:

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Here are some pictures
Partial Fender:

Full Hood:

Bumper:

I forgot to take a pic of the side mirrors, but the quality is just as good.
Looks great! Thanks for the photos.

BO.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIvic EX
Country flag
Are these easy to remove? I've been wanting this done, but I worry about having the Xpel on for several years and taking paint off during removal.

ilovemycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cosmic Blue EX Turbo, 96 Accord EX
Country flag
I'm thinking about having this done too. I want to know what happens to the paint? How do they remove it? What products to use on it?
Which is better: Xpel or 3M?

OP
OP
Elsith

Elsith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking about having this done too. I want to know what happens to the paint? How do they remove it? What products to use on it?
Which is better: Xpel or 3M?
The installer prefers Xpel, since it's easier to apply and better quality. You may want to contact him to get a definitive answer on what happens to the paint.

OP
OP
Elsith

Elsith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are these easy to remove? I've been wanting this done, but I worry about having the Xpel on for several years and taking paint off during removal.
Sorry, I forgot about this site for a while. It would be best to give him a call to get his personal feedback, since he does this weekly for years.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
"Paint peel" is pretty much impossible on modern clear coats. The film can be removed by applying a heat gun to the affected area.
Sponsored