hondaman63

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic sedan 1.5 sport+ (si)
Country flag
hello here i drive an european civic si sedan called 1.5sport+. now i have refilled the air conditioning system 3 months ago and done 1 hour vacuum test with success no loss of gas.
after 3 months driving 150 km i turned my air conditioning system on but no cold air.

when i turn on the airconditing only the fan starts. And so far i see the compressor. Not running.

please anyone suggest.
Sponsored

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport, Volvo 940, couple of e36 BMW
Country flag
Its not Si, its just the name of the trim here in EU.... Si got 205bhp, and LSD diff... Air cons are faulty on these cars, I already had my condenser replaced under warranty with the same deffective unit as they took out, last year, aaaand this week i made another appointment to the dealer for same reason, you just need to take car to the dealer and let them inspect it, and fix it under the warranty, just ask if they are replacing it with the updated part already. cheers

OP
OP
hondaman63

hondaman63

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its not Si, its just the name of the trim here in EU.... Si got 205bhp, and LSD diff... Air cons are faulty on these cars, I already had my condenser replaced under warranty with the same deffective unit as they took out, last year, aaaand this week i made another appointment to the dealer for same reason, you just need to take car to the dealer and let them inspect it, and fix it under the warranty, just ask if they are replacing it with the updated part already. cheers
Ok thank u but no garantee more and the funny thing is i m not leaking vacuum test was good and the fans will kick in but no pump..
Is it possible the obd2 can read what problem is.

Thanks for reply

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
everything should work fine all the fans and stuff, just the air wont be cooled, or are you saying that, when you are in the car, in neutral, engine on and you toggle AC on/off you dont hear the aircon unit engage? As I sad, Iam having the same issue second time, I can def. hear air con unit engage when I toggle it on just no cold air, no warning light nothing... thats why I dont see any reason for OBD2 scanner to show something other then low levels of air con freon gas or whatever they use in them...

OP
OP
hondaman63

hondaman63

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
everything should work fine all the fans and stuff, just the air wont be cooled, or are you saying that, when you are in the car, in neutral, engine on and you toggle AC on/off you dont hear the aircon unit engage? As I sad, Iam having the same issue second time, I can def. hear air con unit engage when I toggle it on just no cold air, no warning light nothing... thats why I dont see any reason for OBD2 scanner to show something other then low levels of air con freon gas or whatever they use in them...
Ok thanks then a visit at the garage must be done i was hoping a default pump relay because that s not coning in

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just read in diffrent topic, that dude had his relay replaced, well if you are not leaking and dont hear the unit engage after turning it on, then you actualy might have the same issue, I just have diffrent one with the condenser leaking.... I just dont get it, what kind of POS relays did they use in this cars that wont last 4y, shame

OP
OP
hondaman63

hondaman63

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just read in diffrent topic, that dude had his relay replaced, well if you are not leaking and dont hear the unit engage after turning it on, then you actualy might have the same issue, I just have diffrent one with the condenser leaking.... I just dont get it, what kind of POS relays did they use in this cars that wont last 4y, shame
Yes that was what i was thinking too 3 years old and this issues
Sponsored