Civic HB Delivery to US

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, '17 Civic Hatchbacks EX-L
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask you guys who have had a hatchback ordered from England and delivered to the United States some questions about that process. How long did it take before your dealer found out the Vin of the vehicle and an estimated delivery date?

I have a new EXL hatchback that was built on April 21. The dealership says that they do not have any update as to when it will arrive, and they don't even have a Vin number at this point. Is this a common occurrence or am I getting the runaround from the sales manager?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
During my experience a VIN was available as soon as the vehicle was built. If built on 4/21 I would not be shocked if it was not delivered yet but a VIN should definitely be available at this point.

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
During my experience a VIN was available as soon as the vehicle was built. If built on 4/21 I would not be shocked if it was not delivered yet but a VIN should definitely be available at this point.
Thanks for the quick reply! How long did your vehicle take to be delivered? Or how long until you had an ETA?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply! How long did your vehicle take to be delivered? Or how long until you had an ETA?
I'm sorry to say I do not recall specifics but I believe it was between 2-3 weeks. If they truly do not have any information to offer at this point I would have to believe that there was not a car built for them on 4/21. Are EX-L's hard to find?

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry to say I do not recall specifics but I believe it was between 2-3 weeks. If they truly do not have any information to offer at this point I would have to believe that there was not a car built for them on 4/21. Are EX-L's hard to find?
Yeah I believe they are pretty rare. I also purchased Sonic Grey so who knows how that factors in. Nobody seems interested in the EXL Navi when it comes to the HB. It's all Sport or Sport Touring from what I've seen online. I'm in South Carolina. My dealer at time of paying my deposit looked SC, NC, TN and GA and there was one of that config and color. 2 had been slated for production on 4/21. I grabbed one of those. So I suppose it is rare.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hell, I'm still waiting to hear back from my dealer on a production date for my Sport Manual and it's been a week and a half since I put in my deposit.

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hell, I'm still waiting to hear back from my dealer on a production date for my Sport Manual and it's been a week and a half since I put in my deposit.
Good luck. As I mentioned above, they had already known the prod date and did a dealer trade so it'll be shipped locally for me. Not sure your dealer has a choice. Seems like they either receive a production slot for your configuration or they have to trade for a slot. Which may not always be guaranteed.

CanineGunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I didn't get a VIN until it landed in the US, the day it got off the ship. The build date estimate I got was wrong it was actually a month sooner. (Didn't know that until the VIN popped up.)
Took about 10 days on the ship, about 14 days via train/truck to the dealer.
Honda's ordering system is convoluted and dealers are at the mercy of whatever Honda of America decides they get. Gotta have patience, my build date was 3/1 I ordered on 1/28.

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't get a VIN until it landed in the US, the day it got off the ship. The build date estimate I got was wrong it was actually a month sooner. (Didn't know that until the VIN popped up.)
Took about 10 days on the ship, about 14 days via train/truck to the dealer.
Honda's ordering system is convoluted and dealers are at the mercy of whatever Honda of America decides they get. Gotta have patience, my build date was 3/1 I ordered on 1/28.
Do you mind me asking where you are located? Trying to estimate the on truck/train time to Charlotte, NC

CanineGunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Do you mind me asking where you are located? Trying to estimate the on truck/train time to Charlotte, NC
Picked up the car in Columbus. Think the train went to Toledo then trucked out from there. Took the dealer a couple days to prep it too.

wilcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, soon Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
So Car was "ordered" around 4/20? it is expected in AUGUST!
Is that reasonable?
I ordered Blue Sport 6MT, no options.
Very hard to find, I got it under invoice so I am satisfied with the price, but i was originally told 4-6 weeks.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I guess I can expect mine sometime around the same as you because I ordered the same damn thing. Aegean Sport hatch 6MT. The only good thing that is probably a possibility is that our cars will be 18 MY.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Hold up fellas. Are you guys telling me we can order euro spec civics shipped to the USA?

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So Car was "ordered" around 4/20? it is expected in AUGUST!
Is that reasonable?
I ordered Blue Sport 6MT, no options.
Very hard to find, I got it under invoice so I am satisfied with the price, but i was originally told 4-6 weeks.
Mine was ordered prior to April 20 but that was the scheduled build date.
Hold up fellas. Are you guys telling me we can order euro spec civics shipped to the USA?
The Hatchback available in the US is produced in the UK. I believe it's US spec

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
I see. I was wondering if the sedan is build over there. I really like the panoramic roof that euro civic gets. Been trying to figure out if the euro sedan has the panoramic roof as well and if we can special order them. I been searching all over online but can't find any info on the euro civics beside a video on this form on the HB.
Sponsored