First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I have been doing some research lately and I wanted to get opinions from fellow Civic X members. When it comes to catless vs catted dp I know there are pros and cons to both but do you think that ones pros outweigh the cons? I am only interested in getting a dp because i heard the fp in our cars is actually pretty good, my reasoning for getting a dp is a little more hp and some torque down low so I think i want to go catless but im also trying to stay as reliable and daily friendly as possible because I daily my car. I know reliability is about the same with both (depending on the brand) but its the daily driving that worries me the most. So let me know below what you think!!
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're wanting to chase the best power numbers and gains go catless. IMO the pros outweigh the cons.

I daily drove catless for a bit and had no issues with it, but then again this is dependent on what exhaust you have. If you are running an exhaust with no mufflers like the Greddy DDR then daily driving might be a bit loud for you, but if you are running an exhaust with mufflers and resonators it probably won't be too bad.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Catless is totally fine daily driving at least on stock exhaust. Only notice the smell in my garage and at stop lights with windows down.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a fan of Catless for several reasons. Modern high-flow cats are really good, the gains on a FBO car are minimal for me to consider living with rasp, smell, and depending on which state/province you live in then the authorities ticketing you.

See 27won's page for testing comparison between Catted and Catless:
https://store.27won.com/10th-gen-civic-performance-downpipe.html

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
There are pros for catless other than Hp/torque. The main one imo is the advanced VSA on k tuner.... I am assuming you are getting a tuner it already have one. The advanced VSA on k Turner really helps with traction. The most aggressive setting of VSA is only recommended for catless.

The setting basically pulls timing rather than fuel to lower power and keep traction. This is such a better technique than stock system. Power is easily ramped back up by advancing the timing. If you have a cat, It can get overheated with this.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
IMO, unless you're chasing max numbers and have a list of other power mods, you'll be just fine with Catted and won't notice the difference. You would notice a smell tho catless.

Don't overthink it. Are you building racecar? Catless. Daily with some pep? Catted.

Just my .02 having lived with both catted and catless cars.

OP
OP
swampm0nsta

swampm0nsta

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
IMO, unless you're chasing max numbers and have a list of other power mods, you'll be just fine with Catted and won't notice the difference. You would notice a smell tho catless.

Don't overthink it. Are you building racecar? Catless. Daily with some pep? Catted.

Just my .02 having lived with both catted and catless cars.
Preciate it, its my daily until i have it payed off once i pay it off in about 2 years and get a new car i plan on going racecar and max power.

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
Keep in mind that the cat in the downpipe is the only catalytic converter on these cars. If you go with a catless DP, you're pumping out completely unfiltered exhaust fumes.

I know environmental concerns aren't the first thing everybody thinks of while tuning cars, but the power gains from catless aren't so much more than the catted pieces that it's worth being a mass polluter. Spend the little bit extra and run a cat.

Even the catted DPs probably aren't filtering the exhaust as well as the stock DP because the cats in them are much smaller than stock. Look at the size of the cat in the stock DP vs the assorted catless DPs. But these little mini cats are still way better than no cat at all.

Honda Civic 10th gen Catless vs. Catted DP 61wdzRUnL6L._AC_SL1200_

Honda Civic 10th gen Catless vs. Catted DP nce-fabrication-7719559168070_4000x@2x.progressive

Honda Civic 10th gen Catless vs. Catted DP Catted_DP_Civic_16_2048x2048

Honda Civic 10th gen Catless vs. Catted DP l-prl-hc10-dpc-11996460417094_4000x@2x.progressive

OP
OP
swampm0nsta

swampm0nsta

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Not a fan of Catless for several reasons. Modern high-flow cats are really good, the gains on a FBO car are minimal for me to consider living with rasp, smell, and depending on which state/province you live in then the authorities ticketing you.

See 27won's page for testing comparison between Catted and Catless:
https://store.27won.com/10th-gen-civic-performance-downpipe.html
Thank you for the reply im actually a huge fan of yours, i love your threads and you always give valuable insight
Sponsored