RV6 vs PRL catted dp/fp...which to get?

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Ok...after not finding any videos with sound clips for my particular setup, I think I am going with a catted version dp/fp to help keep the rasp sound down. Any reason to get the PRL over the RV6 when currently it looks like RV6 is like $60 or $70 cheaper. PRL has that extra flange which looks like it might add strength to that joint over a clamp, but on the flip side, that flange adds mass, which becomes thermal mass. I am going to be running PRL Cobra Race maf CAI, PRL intercooler, Ktuner V2 dyno tuned, Invidia R400 exhaust and then a catted dp/fp. I hear nothing but good things on both units and was going to go PRL catless version, but I can't find anyone with sound clips to verify if adding a resonator to the Invidia helps with rasp...and I cannot stand rasp.
Sponsored

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Ok...after not finding any videos with sound clips for my particular setup, I think I am going with a catted version dp/fp to help keep the rasp sound down. Any reason to get the PRL over the RV6 when currently it looks like RV6 is like $60 or $70 cheaper. PRL has that extra flange which looks like it might add strength to that joint over a clamp, but on the flip side, that flange adds mass, which becomes thermal mass. I am going to be running PRL Cobra Race maf CAI, PRL intercooler, Ktuner V2 dyno tuned, Invidia R400 exhaust and then a catted dp/fp. I hear nothing but good things on both units and was going to go PRL catless version, but I can't find anyone with sound clips to verify if adding a resonator to the Invidia helps with rasp...and I cannot stand rasp.
Looks like you are stuck between rock and hard place. I saw you revive an old thread and you said you were going with catless. If it were me, I would go PRL catted. I went catted and am very happy about it. I bought the MAPerformance along with front pipe and cat back. The gain difference between catted and catless is so small. I have not heard a set up with with a catless downpipe that does not have rasp. Check out @ttorres1183 YouTube videos. I think he has catless downpipe and a street map exhaust. Gauge your decision on his set up if you would like. Good luck.

willowcairns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Acura TLX ASPEC SH-AWD, 2009 Acura TL Tech
Country flag
I mean if you are going to be running PRL cobera and intercooler, you might as well stick with them and go with their DP after all.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Looks like you are stuck between rock and hard place. I saw you revive an old thread and you said you were going with catless. If it were me, I would go PRL catted. I went catted and am very happy about it. I bought the MAPerformance along with front pipe and cat back. The gain difference between catted and catless is so small. I have not heard a set up with with a catless downpipe that does not have rasp. Check out @ttorres1183 YouTube videos. I think he has catless downpipe and a street map exhaust. Gauge your decision on his set up if you would like. Good luck.
Thanks. Yeah, I am definitely in a tough spot. I am not against cats...I just think when it comes to turbo applications, they're just better without. Quicker spool (less lag), less heat retention and cats do go bad...so it's just one more expense later. I know the HP gain is marginal at best, so it's not really that. I am pretty sure that I can keep the rasp away by adding a resonator or two on the straight shot of the R400 exhaust...but like I said, I have not heard any sound clips. I'm holding off ordering until I dig some more...maybe check the facebook group and see what I can find there. My boosted B16a CRX is 3 inch all the way back, no resonator or cat, but has a massive magnaflow exhaust and it's super quiet...so I know a straight through exhaust can work, just not sure I want to risk it haha....I'm just gonna keep digging for now until I can find some sound clips. Thanks for the reply

If anyone has catted or catless mated with R400 and preferable a CAI like PRL Cobra, please post up...help a brotha out. Cheers.

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I've got the RV6 catted dp/fp combo with a magnaflow exhaust system - great construction - it adds a fair bit of volume. My neighbours hate it - currently waiting for replacement mufflers to quiet it down. Would I get the same dp/fp combo again? You bet.
Sponsored