NorrinRadd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Manual 1.5T, KTuner + TSP1
Country flag
Originally I didn't think I was gonna do too many mods, so I deleted the resonator in my OEM exhaust for more sound. I liked it.

Then the mod itch got me so I had my mechanic friend install a catless DP for me. I LOVE the power but now my exhaust gets way too drone-y and raspy (and loud) at some RPMs. I need to bring the noise back down to a reasonable level. I left my resonator at my friend's shop months ago and I'm not sure if he still has it.

Should I re-install a factory resonator? Or should I put a muffler in place of where it was? Any other suggestions? I don't really want too much noise but wouldn't mind a deeper tone.
Sponsored

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
If you have money do the MAPerfomance stealth catback ?

OP
OP
NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you have money do the MAPerfomance stealth catback ?
I didn't really want to spend too much, I'm already at my mod-budget limit for the moment. I was gonna just cram in the biggest resonator or muffler I could fit in place where the OEM res was, but not sure what is the best choice to put there.

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
The issue with that is after buying one and having it installed your looking at maybe $400+ (random guess) and if you dont like it than your back to square one. Id say to go with a big brand catback because you wont be disappointed. Save up.

OP
OP
NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The issue with that is after buying one and having it installed your looking at maybe $400+ (random guess) and if you dont like it than your back to square one. Id say to go with a big brand catback because you wont be disappointed. Save up.
Not even close. A resonator can be had for under $50 and my guy will weld it in place for maybe another $50. I'm just curious how big I need to go... I guess I need to search youtube for sound clips of catless DPs on factory exhaust to get an idea of how it'd sound with factory res and go from there...

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R exhaust sounds good with catless dp. Depending on where you are, you could find a decent price on a used one. The shipping on used ones is brutal

Of course, the easiest would be putting the resonator back on

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Try adding a vibrant ultra quiet resonator. It will kill the rasp and leave you with some exhaust tone still with a lot less drone/rasp.

I mentioned this because I did this myself/ After a downpipe the stock exhaust was way too raspy with the stock resonators deleted and the mufflers bypassed. The ultra quiet did the trick, I later changed to a Type R exhaust and kept the Ultra quiet with that too instead of the double OEM resonators. Sounded awesome!

LYM1314

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HONDA CIVIC 1.5T HATCHBACK
Country flag
Try adding a vibrant ultra quiet resonator. It will kill the rasp and leave you with some exhaust tone still with a lot less drone/rasp.

I mentioned this because I did this myself/ After a downpipe the stock exhaust was way too raspy with the stock resonators deleted and the mufflers bypassed. The ultra quiet did the trick, I later changed to a Type R exhaust and kept the Ultra quiet with that too instead of the double OEM resonators. Sounded awesome!
What size the vibrant ultra quiet resonator did you using? So confused for the 2.5 and 3

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
A catless downpipe is going to open up sound for good and bad tones. I know you want to stay budget friendly but a resonator is just going to change the tone, for the most part. You're going to need to put your stock downpipe back on and leave the resonator delete.... or.... get a high flow catted downpipe. It kind of is what it is, not really a way around this for cheap.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What size the vibrant ultra quiet resonator did you using? So confused for the 2.5 and 3
2.5 inch, it's slightly bigger than the piping but an exhaust shop had no problems welding them up

OP
OP
NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag