Status
Not open for further replies.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It was my understanding that anyone named Skittles doesn't have much of an understanding
I know I'm not spending $200 to prove a point on this thread it's just true but you take it or leave it otherwise if you're not here to talk about all the other City cars that you blew away with you need Civic then hit up your post is irrelevant

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
16psi is 16psi regardless of the pipe attached before the compressor inlet is what I see that leads me to believe a straight intake swap to after market would lead to a major increase in whp. However..

Until the 6-speed manual comes out, the CVT dyno numbers will be fairly unreliable when measuring whp gains from an intake without a matching tune.

Mechanically, anything you do pre-compressor will not affect final boost pressure at the manifold, though it could affect compressor response due to the air reaching the compressor faster, slightly quicker spool time can give the effect of a faster throttle response leading to a feeling of more power but it may not mean more HP. I would be interested how the EX-T ECU adjust boost pressures, if the intake pipe replacing the stock somehow alters the MAF reading (is there an MAF? lol) where it reads higher loads than stock, it could be upping the boost to hit its target load at any given rpm (how it ups the boost, no clue, maybe an electric vacuum pump to cycle the wastegate on demand).

When the 8th gen k20z3 came out, there were some nice folks who did a block and head tear down, im hoping they do the same for the new turbo engines, looking at interweb pics, it looks like its packaged very similarly to the N18 engine from the R56 cooper S.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i don't or maybe i should say didn't like CVT's but thats where the advantage is coming from. i still love my 6spd tho. the driver make a huge difference in a drag race. nice kills.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some a whole in a Accord cut me off like he was king of the road. Funny thing was, I kept right up with him. When we got to open road where he couldn't control me with restricted traffic, he got scared and got in the far right lane. Didn't even have to race.

OP
OP

alika94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Some a whole in a Accord cut me off like he was king of the road. Funny thing was, I kept right up with him. When we got to open road where he couldn't control me with restricted traffic, he got scared and got in the far right lane. Didn't even have to race.
V6?

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
a race is one thing, a chase is another. they are not worth it. and never end right. sorry for this comment but i have never had a fun time being chased or chasing someone else. pretty sure last time was someone famous in a older blue rolls, me in a toyota truck.

OP
OP

alika94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
a race is one thing, a chase is another. they are not worth it. and never end right. sorry for this comment but i have never had a fun time being chased or chasing someone else. pretty sure last time was someone famous in a older blue rolls, me in a toyota truck.
I agree, road rage simply isn't worth it. In the heat of the moment you're not really thinking "what if this guy has a loaded gun?" But it definitely happens too much. These small little incidents just aren't worth losing your life over

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I may not have caught it before, are you guys using S or L for racing others?

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Always use S with eco OFF and traction control OFF.

(L)ow is for torque up to 30 mph
Eco will turn off gas injection to #3 cylinder
Removing traction control reduces constraints on the steering (just a guess) which means more power from engine to move the car.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Always use S with eco OFF and traction control OFF.

(L)ow is for torque up to 30 mph
Eco will turn off gas injection to #3 cylinder
Removing traction control reduces constraints on the steering (just a guess) which means more power from engine to move the car.
As far as the traction control and the steering where did you read that just curious?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.