Civic Type R vs used sports cars 911, S4, C43?

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy-T, Jetta Tsi, SI,A5
Country flag
My ctr is fbo and custom tune..
I have pulled on a RS3 and C43 at red light..
1st gear the RS3 is already ahead of me, 2nd gear and 3 rd i manage to tag behind RS3..
We both slow down.. and roll down the windows at next light.. he gave me a thumb up and we stopped in a parking to talk.. his rs3 is stage 1 tune, changed test pipe, pushing 475whp. Mine is 370whp..

100 whp different but type r 2nd and 3rd gears are really fast... rs3 owner was impressed..
I know it doesnt prove anything but i think type r is really a great platform..
Perhaps is not best car to built but for the money you paid, it gives you so much more.
so you really didnt pull on an rs3 a stg1 rs3 doe not make 470awhp... plus no one gets a stg1 tune and then just gets a testpipe... some descriptiveness here .. my guess he was stock and you making shit up. bcz stock they are around 420at the crank mild 91oct tune brings em 460crank. a good 93oct tune with dowpipe/testpipe and some bolt ons bring em to around 520 crank. a full bolt on on 100oct ots tune they range anywhere from 540 to 570crank and they run mid 10s alll day! a custom tune low 10s. i mean they trap 118mph stock!!
Sponsored

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
ohh you that guy... bUt iN tHe tWiStIeS iS fAsTEr...
That's why I bought the car and is how the car has been advertised from the get-go.

Of course a FWD, 2L car isn't going to be fast in a straight line. If I cared about straight line performance or roll racing, I would have bought a 996 Turbo, a C6 Z06, or a bike.

I wanted something reasonably fast for the type of driving I do (mountain runs with an occasional track day) with a warranty, manual transmission, plenty of space to haul people/pets, and daily drive-able. No other car offers the same combo.

You don't even own a CTR, so why are you posting in these forums?

Ps you should really know what was REally up with that Ctr;)
Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. Maybe it's the overabundance of ellipses.

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's why I bought the car and is how the car has been advertised from the get-go.

Of course a FWD, 2L car isn't going to be fast in a straight line. If I cared about straight line performance or roll racing, I would have bought a 996 Turbo, a C6 Z06, or a bike.

I wanted something reasonably fast for the type of driving I do (mountain runs with an occasional track day) with a warranty, manual transmission, plenty of space to haul people/pets, and daily drive-able. No other car offers the same combo.

You don't even own a CTR, so why are you posting in these forums?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. Maybe it's the overabundance of ellipses.
Why you hating??? haha

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so you really didnt pull on an rs3 a stg1 rs3 doe not make 470awhp... plus no one gets a stg1 tune and then just gets a testpipe... some descriptiveness here .. my guess he was stock and you making shit up. bcz stock they are around 420at the crank mild 91oct tune brings em 460crank. a good 93oct tune with dowpipe/testpipe and some bolt ons bring em to around 520 crank. a full bolt on on 100oct ots tune they range anywhere from 540 to 570crank and they run mid 10s alll day! a custom tune low 10s. i mean they trap 118mph stock!!
I dont need to make shit up, what do i gain from bullshitting?
I know i did the pull and the fact is we both stop on the side have a talk.
What i said is what the owner told me.
He said his car is stage 1 with a test pipe changed. I am not a Audi driver so I dont know what their number is... i asked how much are you pushing.. he said 475whp..
I am an adult, i wouldnt spent time to verify everything he said.. nor would i spend time fact check a random driver word.
The RS3 is fast, that is my impression.. my 2nd and 3rd manage to tag along.. i dont know what will happen after 3rd gear as we both slow down.

I am just putting my experience here, you can believe whatever you like. Or you can call ppl a lair all day long.. i dont really care you know.
I am not a keyboard warrior

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
I'll throw in the 135is, a car I used to have fairly recently. 320hp/tq stock, easily up to almost 400 with the Dinan Stage 2 tune.

Not the same as the other stuff on your list, but a sleeper. In the time I owned it (2.5 years), it was super reliable and just required normal maintenance.
I agree totally! BMW's are so fun to drive. I've had 3-3 series 2 doors and 2- 1 series. The 1's were awesome and fun to drive. Still wish I had one.
Sponsored