Car Accident

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya my Fit had the entire hatch, back and front bumper replaced after my accident and there was a slight color difference afterwards lol drove me crazy-_-.

Good luck with the process of your accident! Stay on top of the insurance people and maybe get a lawyer!
My incident had a similar deal where the driver at fault also had no insurance. My insurance company had their own attorney on contract to go after negligent parties. I got a portion of my deductible back after several years.
Sponsored

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Good to hear, I hate people that drive with no insurance, it's wildly irresponsible and I always thought it was illegal?
Not sure about other states but in California it is illegal. Some people just don't want to pay for insurance coverage and I understand because they think they will never get into an accident until it does happen to them, I was like that too in my younger years since I didn't want to pay 37 dollars for my 97 eclipse every month since I was working part time. Just curious hoping the ts will provideo updates. Always like to know the aftermath.

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Was driving home with my parents from looking at houses today, and the road we were driving on went down to one lane for utility work. The girl behind me was on her phone and slammed into the back of me! And on top of that, she is uninsured :/. Thankfully everyone is okay, but the car isn't even two months old! It's sitting at the shop now. Fingers crossed everything works out okay, and they can repair it back to perfection.
FullSizeRender.jpg
@humphrey1 I was in your shoes on June 16.. A lady rear ended me and demolished the back.. I called 911 immediately and I also called USAA to make an auto claim.. Anyways, I took my vehicle to service king and they did an amazing job.. I was being texted constantly on the status of my vehicle and it was repaired in 11 days.. Vehicle completed on June 27.. they used original Honda parts and the Metallic Cosmic Blue paint. I was EXTREMELY impressed by the quality of work they did.. I also did a diagnostics check using the brightness+power+menu combo and everything was working great..

BEFORE
Honda Civic 10th gen Car Accident 4xeE8gz

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Accident yJnFJwe

AFTER

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Accident IaugvF

Last edited:

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
@humphrey1 I was in your shoes on June 16.. A lady rear ended me and demolished the back.. I called 911 immediately and I also called USAA to make an auto claim.. Anyways, I took my vehicle to service king and they did an amazing job.. I was being texted constantly on the status of my vehicle and it was repaired in 11 days.. Vehicle completed on June 27.. they used original Honda parts and the Metallic Cosmic Blue paint. I was EXTREMELY impressed by the quality of work they did.. I also did a diagnostics check using the brightness+power+menu combo and everything was working great..

BEFORE
Honda Civic 10th gen Car Accident 4xeE8gz

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Accident yJnFJwe

AFTER

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Accident IaugvF
I was wondering how the Lip Spoiler was clipped on. Im also glad everything worked out for you.

Dark helmut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black ex-t
That sucks glad everyone ok car accidents are not fun my last car was totaled when someone ran a red and i hit them i wasn't at fault but it took tmy insurance company almost two months to get me all the paperwork. Not sure where your live but i know in most states they have un insured/under insured coverage built in the policy

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad to hear you're all okay. That's awful. I was hit by an uninsured driver awhile back who took off running. Someone was able to grab their plate, but when the cop ran it, it was an old inactive plate. Probably taken from a junk yard. I had to pay my $500 deductible. The shop did a good job on the repar. It's against the law in CA to drive without insuance but these idiots don't care. Hate these people!!!

OP
OP

humphrey1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Update: Insurance adjuster contacted me on July 19th. He reported over $6,600 in damage to the car. It was very close to being totaled out, but the girl that hit me just barely missed hitting the frame rail, which would have compromised the structural integrity of the car. As of now, the Civic should be finished around August 8th, if parts are readily available.

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
Update: Insurance adjuster contacted me on July 19th. He reported over $6,600 in damage to the car. It was very close to being totaled out, but the girl that hit me just barely missed hitting the frame rail, which would have compromised the structural integrity of the car. As of now, the Civic should be finished around August 8th, if parts are readily available.
6 grand?!? Wow would not have guessed that. What do they have you in for now?

Edit: Actually, closely looking at the pic of the accident i can see where the money is going now, the rear fenders are a pretty large piece, my guess is they are replacing it?

OP
OP

humphrey1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
6 grand?!? Wow would not have guessed that. What do they have you in for now?

Edit: Actually, closely looking at the pic of the accident i can see where the money is going now, the rear fenders are a pretty large piece, my guess is they are replacing it?
I'm still waiting on a rental vehicle. I will be provided a rental once the insurance company declares the other driver is really uninsured. The police report has just been released, and it has been verified that the other driver is uninsured. However, my insurance company is saying they still need to further investigate :mad:.

The collision shop is essentially replacing the whole rear-end. The rear quarter panel, bumper, trunk lid, left taillight, and the support beam behind the bumper.

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
I'm still waiting on a rental vehicle. I will be provided a rental once the insurance company declares the other driver is really uninsured. The police report has just been released, and it has been verified that the other driver is uninsured. However, my insurance company is saying they still need to further investigate :mad:.

The collision shop is essentially replacing the whole rear-end. The rear quarter panel, bumper, trunk lid, left taillight, and the support beam behind the bumper.
Hold up, you're still car less? Holy cow what more do they need to investigate? Terrible

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Not sure about other states but in California it is illegal. Some people just don't want to pay for insurance coverage and I understand because they think they will never get into an accident until it does happen to them, I was like that too in my younger years since I didn't want to pay 37 dollars for my 97 eclipse every month since I was working part time. Just curious hoping the ts will provideo updates. Always like to know the aftermath.
It is also illegal in Ohio and I was thinking in Ohio your license gets suspended...but if they drive without insurance, they probably would drive without a license

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Yeah, I was thinking SHE'S screwed? More like you and or your insurance company is. They'll never get their money from her. And as for illegalities, they just keep driving anyway since they know they'll never be forced to account for it. "STOP! Or I'll yell STOP again!"

And $97 a month for your Eclipse? I was paying $150 for my Talon back in those days, and that was with a clean record!

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MAKE sure you go to a physiotherapist. I got rear ended in November. Till today... I am not fully recovered. My mom had issues with her nervous system and the accident triggered arthritis. I am paying now for more chiropractor therapies out of my pocket because the insurance says that "i no longer have an injure". The hit was at low speed and I thought I was ok. I am not. I had 4 family members with me and only 2 are ok. After a month of the accident I couldn't move one arm and my neck was killing me. I couldn't sleep or do anything. I kinda just got back to normal. I couldn't work. I lost the contract that I had and had to find an underpaid job because of the whole mess. Not fun man. I am kinda paranoid now. When I got my new civic... just 5 min in... and a huge pickup truck almost hit me.

Check yourself out and the same goes for your family. This things are no joke. It doesn't need to be a major accident for you to get injured.

OP
OP

humphrey1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Yeah, I was thinking SHE'S screwed? More like you and or your insurance company is. They'll never get their money from her. And as for illegalities, they just keep driving anyway since they know they'll never be forced to account for it. "STOP! Or I'll yell STOP again!"

And $97 a month for your Eclipse? I was paying $150 for my Talon back in those days, and that was with a clean record!
Well, she is screwed. I am only liable for the $500 deductible. My claims representative informed me that they will get their money back. Even if they have to garnish the girl's wages.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Boy does that sheet metal look thin...
Sponsored